Profile Page Bug

First tried to edit our profile two or three days ago and was sent to the log in page. I thought this might be a temporary glitch but today the problem persists. When trying to access any other page, such as statistics, waymark lists or the category grid, it's off to the log in page. From there one goes nowhere and can do nothing.

Anybody else having this problem?

I have no problem with my profile and i can open your profile too.

Have you tried with an another browser ?

Opening the profile is no problem. Problems arise when I try to edit it or go to another profile page.

We use only Chrome on both computers and don't use phones at all. Hate to, but I'll try that Microsloth thingie, what' it called... ...Edgy, Hedge, Bush, Shrub - something like that :^)

(Later) - AWWW CRAP - it worked fine with that Edge Thing. Of course I use Chrome portable, so it hasn't been updated for awhile. Guess I'll have to try that.

In any event, there must still be a Chrome specific problem at Waymarking, as I've updated our profile several times with this version of Chrome - NO problem! Oh Well... I've kinda gotten used to glitches like this. <_<

ELYOB - are you using Chrome?

Edited by BK-Hunters

We have had problems with missing images on different Waymarking web servers some time ago.

And this was the solution to eliminate the error.

Maybe it is a similar problem.

That's all well and good, but if the page comes from server 2, how does one get the same page from server 1?

While we're here, I noticed a while ago that checking "Exclude My Waymarks" in a category search has no

effect and today neither does checking "My Waymarks". In each case the search returns the same number of waymarks.

Interesting - this has ceased to be a Chrome only problem. Just tried the same search with Edge with the same results. This is NOT good!!!

We have had problems with missing images on different Waymarking web servers some time ago.

That's all well and good, but if the page comes from server 2, how does one get the same page from server 1?

While we're here, I noticed a while ago that checking "Exclude My Waymarks" in a category search has no

effect and today neither does checking "My Waymarks". In each case the search returns the same number of waymarks.

Interesting - this has ceased to be a Chrome only problem. Just tried the same search with Edge with the same results. This is NOT good!!!

I use Chrome & just did the searches Exclude My Waymarks & My Waymarks & the results were as expected. I updated my profile yesterday & that worked as well.

You cannot influence which server you get; it's the load balancing functionality in the back end that decides alone.

Then, the two exclusion filters have never worked in combination with a category selection. That is neither browser related nor a new behavior.

But "My Waymarks" works for me as expected.

You cannot influence which server you get; it's the load balancing functionality in the back end that decides alone.

Then, the two exclusion filters have never worked in combination with a category selection. That is neither browser related nor a new behavior.

But "My Waymarks" works for me as expected.

"You cannot influence which server you get" - That's what I would have expected.

"the two exclusion filters have never worked..." - Strange, as Tuena, above, seems to be indicating that they work for him.

"My Waymarks" has pretty much always worked for me, too. It's one of the features I use the most on the site.

I guess these are possibly just another example of the myriad things that work for some, but not others, or that simply don't work. They sure would be handy if they did work, though. <_<

You're not going to believe this but, on a whim, I just tried "Exclude My Waymarks" in a search and it WORKED!!! First time it ever has!!!

Causes one to almost believe that somewhere there is a lackey hacking away in the background, actually addressing these little glitches.

All this notwithstanding, I still can't edit my profile with Chrome, which is where we came in. :(

Edited by BK-Hunters

Don't get me wrong! I never said "Exclude My Waymarks" does not work. I use it a lot. Only *in combination with a category selection* it has never worked for me.

And as stated above, I have experienced the constant redirect to the login page when trying to edit the profile. For me, it was temporary and I did not find the reason.

As to the original issue, yes, on my home system when I use Chrome and try to edit my profile it goes to the login page, even though I am already logged in. And if I click on the login button, it just refreshes the login page. This only started to happen recently.

In fact, several other Chrome problems started to occur at about the same time, including the fact that the Custom Background extension is not working properly at home. Both the Waymarking profile and Custom Background extension are working fine on my work PC. Tried clearing the cache and so on at home, but the problem persists.

Because of these (and others I won't enumerate), I finally switched to Firefox on my home PC, updating it also. It doesn't take 10 minutes to start up like it used to do years ago when I tried it. In fact, it's doing pretty good.

So yes, I'm having the same problem on one computer with Crum, and not having it with a different browser; and not at all on a different PC.

Okay, another example of a newly-developed Crum issue: If I click on a new tab on my work PC it does what it always has done alright; but if I do that at home, the new page has no search box and does not have my Google+ icons in the upper right corner -- it's pretty much a dead-meat tab. I have to click on the Home button to bring up a search.

Between that and the fact that my Android phone now takes a HUGE amount of battery every morning from Google Services, I think that Google folks are trying to drive us to other solutions!!

As to the original issue, yes, on my home system when I use Chrome and try to edit my profile it goes to the login page, even though I am already logged in. And if I click on the login button, it just refreshes the login page. This only started to happen recently.

Yeah, that's precisely the same as the behavior experienced here.

Also, I see now what fi67 meant by using the exclusion "in combination with a category selection". Tried it with "Washington Historical Markers" and the result was just as he described, ie NADA.

Fortunately, I haven't (YET) noticed any other new and strange behavior with Chrome. Incidentally, for years we used Firefox exclusively until a series of Blue Screen episodes on both laptops, running Windoze 7, occurred. Never had any problem with Firefox on the desktop machine running XP.