Why does TB post day after it visited a cache?

inkDrone

So I just started geocaching, and I've noticed that every single time I log a TB as visiting a cache, it logs it onto the day after it actually visited. So for example today I grabbed a cache and that shows up okay on my account - June 29. I logged the TB as visiting the cache.. buuut my account says it visited June 30. The 30th isn't even here yet soo what gives? I have tried logging TB visits via the website, the Groundspeak app, and the cachly app. Same result each time.

Took a look at the trackable in question.

Does seem odd it'd log the day after.

One logged today showed the same (30)on the trackable page.

Could be a glitch from updating or something....

Maybe a mail to the Help Center will get an answer.

If you find out, please come back and tell the rest of us - JIC it happens here too. :D

I might've agreed with Reno8, but (I believe) you're three hours ahead of Seattle.

Edited by cerberus1

Just did a test log for the Wisconsin Red Tractor TB and it logged it on 6/30 (correctly). I deleted the log since. I also see your in West Virginia so cerberus1 is right your ahead of Seattle. Check and see if the date is correct before you log it. If not just click on the "date logged" box and make sure the date is correct before hand.

Let us know how you make out.

I have tried logging TB visits via the website, the Groundspeak app, and the cachly app. Same result each time.

Have you tried editing the date on the log after posting? I just now changed one of mine to a visit of "07/01/16" (today in EST), and then back again to its correct date. The selection of "07/02/16" was not allowed, so I couldn't test that part.

Edited by kunarion