Colorado State Star

zoothornrollo

We completed the Colorado State Star today and ended up on private land for #23-31. All of the northern point is on private property and the riders on horses were not happy to see us today. Does anyone know if permission was given?

Do you care?

You got your smilies, whether you signed the logs or not.

One would think that someone with over 20,000 "finds" and 80 hides that you would be experienced enough to know to contact the cache owner. How the heck are forum pundits supposed to know what's going on between the cache owner, the land owner(s) and Groundspeak?

Bringing this to the forum seems more like pot-stirring.

B.

We completed the Colorado State Star today and ended up on private land for #23-31. All of the northern point is on private property and the riders on horses were not happy to see us today. Does anyone know if permission was given?

Do you care?

One would think that someone with over 20,000 "finds" and 80 hides that you would be experienced enough to know to contact the cache owner. How the heck are forum pundits supposed to know what's going on between the cache owner, the land owner(s) and Groundspeak?

B.

Thank you. :laughing: Pretty much exactly my thoughts, but I was afraid how I would come off posting it. :anicute:

From looking at the map, those caches involved crossing a fence.

I'm guessing a numbers cacher on a "geoart" run would not be concerned with trespassing. Like you pointed out, I see the post as pot-stirring. <_<

Personally if I came across an issue with angry land owners, I'd post a needs archived on the problem caches *and* follow up with the cache owner. I'd rather have the cache archived quickly by the reviewer to prevent any further problems and work the permission thing out in the background with the cache owner.

Do you care?

B.

Do you care?

B.

Colorado the land of PRIVATE PROPERTY. Where you are lucky you did not get shot for criminal trespass.

I have hunted out there. The DNR told me they have very strong property rights out there.

You had better care about this or the results may be very bad.

I completed the CO star last month. From the signs, I was under the impression it was all on National Grassland. On such a large/national project, I trust that the cache owner got permission. I opened the gate at the road to get in; at the second (northern) gate you refer to, there were no locks or "No Trespassing" or "Private Property" signs. One would assume the land is/was leased to ranchers (or horse riders). I can see how they would feel possessive. Not really my battle. A simple eMail to the cache owner should ease your mind. I felt no angst.

Edited by tallglenn

Not knowing about this issue, I completed the CO Star while being in the area for GeoWoodstock.

I did pause when I came to the northern fence, but really didn't think about it. There were no signs to indicate that I was crossing into someone else's area. I went about my hike and got all the caches. The whole while I assumed I was on the National Grasslands property. Now that I'm home, I see that one point of the Star has been archived.