Which builder should I use?

Zurbinjo

Hey,

not sure if I should ask my question here or in the "Getting Started with Wherigo" forum, but let's try it here.

First of all: Hi! I am a 31 years old guy from Germany (please excuse any mistakes) and I just took notice of Wherigo, because my brother told me about it. I am no big fan of geocaching, but since I love games, I think the idea of Wherigo is just great! The possibilities to create something game-like seem fantastic and I really want to try this out.

So my question is, which builder I should use. I am familiar to programming (not a pro, but I've written some basic programs in Java and Visual Basic) so I wonder, whether there is a builder, in which you can write your own code. Up to now, I've only seen a builder with a graphical user interface (Urwigo?) which doesn't seem bad at all, but I thought that it would be a bit more "free" if you could directly change code. Is this even possible? And would you recommend that to a beginner?

What do yo think: Which builder would be the best for me to get started creating own cartridges?

Greetings