a very odd thing is happening when uploaded waypoints to GPS

BareChills

i am trying to upload waypoints to GPS and what i have noticed is for each series the same first letters/digits of the cache code is the same and when i upload them to the GPS i'll upload part 1 of the series which is fine but when i upload part 2 it replaces part 1, even though they are different co-ordinates i am really confused :S

Edited by BareChills

i am trying to upload waypoints to GPS and what i have noticed is for each series the same first letters/digits of the cache code is the same and when i upload them to the GPS i'll upload part 1 of the series which is fine but when i upload part 2 it replaces part 1, even though they are different co-ordinates i am really confused :S

I'm not quite sure exactly what you're doing. How are you uploading them? Are you using any third-party software? When you refer to "part 1" and "part 2", are these stages of a cache, or separate caches? Different caches have different GC codes, so I can't think of any scenario where one would overwrite the other. We'll have to hear more about how you're doing things and then go from there.

yeah okay, sorry i will explain it better, well try to anyway! i am using a cable connected to my laptop to upload waypoints by clicking send to GPS on the cache map. So if for example, there is a cache that is called GC46WBG and another that is GC46WBY when i upload to my GPS it only takes the first 6 digits/letters so that will appear as GC46WB so when i try to upload the next one 'GC46WBY' that will appear as 'GC46WB' but replace the other one that is the 'same name' as it appears on the GPS. I hope you can understand the problem i am having as it is pretty difficult to explain!

yeah okay, sorry i will explain it better, well try to anyway! i am using a cable connected to my laptop to upload waypoints by clicking send to GPS on the cache map. So if for example, there is a cache that is called GC46WBG and another that is GC46WBY when i upload to my GPS it only takes the first 6 digits/letters so that will appear as GC46WB so when i try to upload the next one 'GC46WBY' that will appear as 'GC46WB' but replace the other one that is the 'same name' as it appears on the GPS. I hope you can understand the problem i am having as it is pretty difficult to explain!

Very old Gpsr units only support 6 digit codes.

Hans