Bogus cacher?

Guys, any suggestions how to approach a possible bogus cacher? I picked up a couple of newish caches today with only a few finds and noticed from online logs a previous cacher whose name wasn't on the paper cache logs. Interestingly they were on as a FTF online for one cache and the STF also commented that the log was empty. Looking at their profile they've only been caching for a few weeks but have 20 finds. I did wonder if they were just perhaps not clued up and didn't know to update the paper log, but their find list includes one that was archived two months before they found it.... I'm pretty sure they are bogus but don't know how to approach this as I'm a relatively inexperienced cacher myself. Any suggestions?

Constant messages from you or another mention it in the online log, "That's odd, I swear I just signed a blank log, even looked at both sides" usually does the trick. :)

- But it's the Cache Owners job to get involved in that stuff - if they wish to.

Logs and pics, with chatter at events (and faceplant) eventually get questionable folks realizing they've been found out.

Edited by cerberus1

Guys, any suggestions how to approach a possible bogus cacher? I picked up a couple of newish caches today with only a few finds and noticed from online logs a previous cacher whose name wasn't on the paper cache logs. Interestingly they were on as a FTF online for one cache and the STF also commented that the log was empty. Looking at their profile they've only been caching for a few weeks but have 20 finds. I did wonder if they were just perhaps not clued up and didn't know to update the paper log, but their find list includes one that was archived two months before they found it.... I'm pretty sure they are bogus but don't know how to approach this as I'm a relatively inexperienced cacher myself. Any suggestions?

A lot of people do it all in their phone... We rarely sign the paper unless it's a very interesting or well thought out historical cache that some one put a lot of effort into. If I tripped and fell over 100 micros I would not even log it on my phone anymore, let alone take the time to sign the paper.

Keeping the caches offline means it doesn't matter if the online log is deleted, we still have our copies and records. :-)

A lot of people do it all in their phone... We rarely sign the paper unless it's a very interesting or well thought out historical cache that some one put a lot of effort into. If I tripped and fell over 100 micros I would not even log it on my phone anymore, let alone take the time to sign the paper.

Keeping the caches offline means it doesn't matter if the online log is deleted, we still have our copies and records. :-)

You "rarely sign the paper"?

Not a Find - deleted. It doesn't matter to you as you keep your own records, but it does to many of us.

That's fine; I guess I have no problem with that - but you're playing your own game with our playing pieces.

You "rarely sign the paper"?

Not a Find - deleted. It doesn't matter to you as you keep your own records, but it does to many of us.

That's fine; I guess I have no problem with that - but you're playing your own game with our playing pieces.

You know what, I think you're right about that. Thanks!