Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
KrillKat

ICaching or another app to replace GSAK?

I got a mac and no longer can use the beloved GSAK. I have noticed in older posts to these forums that there were no apps for the Mac that could come close to replacing GSAK. Is this still true? I looked at icaching but there are so few reviews I can't determine if it is helpful. I basically used GSAK for sorting and finding caches, loading GPX files and running macros on various caches. I would be helpful to hear if there is anything like this for the Mac? I understand I could run bootcamp on my Mac and then use GSAK, I would rather not if a great app exists.

Thanks!

Edited by KrillKat

Honestly, I do just fine with pocket queries and the website. I've toyed around with the iCaching trial and the program doesn't always work properly. Maybe that's because I installed it from the website and not from the App store, but I don't want to invest in the program if it doesn't have any added use for me.

I know this is not timely but I'll post it anyway. I have been using iCaching for about two months now and I like it. I can set up folders to segregate caches for areas that I plan on caching in. I can easily load caches into my Dakota 20 and into my Nuvi2595 LMT. you can easily switch from a "Note" section to the actual Geocaching WEB page if you need to. All in all, it works for me.

I just revisited iCaching and discovered that GGZ support has been added. That's a game changer.

I've had GSAK working pretty well under Wine, but it was so hideous (and the Maps didn't work at all) that I now just use a Windows machine over remote desktop.

I'll have to check out iCaching... but I really love my macros in GSAK.