Something I'm noticing lately?

mesillywoohoo

The last few travel bugs I've moved along (including the one I have picked up yesterday) none of them have their info on a laminated tag, like their name and goal and most specifically 'I AM NOT A COLLECTIBLE'. Back when these first started we'd do a tag like this

75bc6bb0-0096-44da-ab79-8ba87cfe67c8_l.jpg

196de778-eb68-4d8d-acc3-ba3ee643646e_l.jpg

Do people not do this anymore? I do. Just released the one above with a tag. But none of the new ones I see have this. I think it at least keeps newbie cachers from unknowingly pocketing the bugs.

Do people not do this anymore? I do. Just released the one above with a tag. But none of the new ones I see have this. I think it at least keeps newbie cachers from unknowingly pocketing the bugs.

You are "people" so at least someone does! That's a good idea! Of the 17 trackables I have found, only one had such a tag. I was not originally impressed by the idea because the info tag was in horrible shape and barely readable. The trackable was only about a year old. I suppose that depends a lot on how big the add-on tag is and how it is laminated. For those really concerned about their trackables and want them to stay moving as long as possible, this can only help. I may try this next time!

You are "people" so at least someone does! That's a good idea! Of the 17 trackables I have found, only one had such a tag. I was not originally impressed by the idea because the info tag was in horrible shape and barely readable. The trackable was only about a year old. I suppose that depends a lot on how big the add-on tag is and how it is laminated. For those really concerned about their trackables and want them to stay moving as long as possible, this can only help. I may try this next time!

From what I've seen of my TB released in 2010 it's info sheet laminated with those laminating sheets is still in good condition! I was sent a pic of it recently!

The last few travel bugs I've moved along (including the one I have picked up yesterday) none of them have their info on a laminated tag, like their name and goal and most specifically 'I AM NOT A COLLECTIBLE'. Back when these first started we'd do a tag like this

I add an info tag. I laminate them and make them about the size of the travelbug tag that way it shouldn't be in the way (less so then the metal dog tag is).

9f826c47-2086-4ba8-8da3-e591b9247cf5_l.jpge372df9a-557f-40b1-9c2b-8ca34edf92de_l.jpg

I often make a laminated tag for them, I usually make them about the size of a business card. (which is bigger than the trackable tag or its attachment).

Couple tricks I have learned -- there are different thicknesses of laminating material, and the hot lamination is better.

You need to make sure to leave enough border around the paper for the lamination to work.

If you punch a hole, you need to also leave enough border around the hole , and the border should be just the laminate, no paper where the hole is.

I put the trackable code on the laminated tag so it is easy to read, as well as "trackable at geocaching.com", and a request to move it along, log it, not keep it, and its mission.

I often make a laminated tag for them, I usually make them about the size of a business card. (which is bigger than the trackable tag or its attachment).

Couple tricks I have learned -- there are different thicknesses of laminating material, and the hot lamination is better.

You need to make sure to leave enough border around the paper for the lamination to work.

If you punch a hole, you need to also leave enough border around the hole , and the border should be just the laminate, no paper where the hole is.

I put the trackable code on the laminated tag so it is easy to read, as well as "trackable at geocaching.com", and a request to move it along, log it, not keep it, and its mission.

An additional tip: use a laser printer rather then an inkjet. The ink will last longer without fading and if it gets wet the ink shouldn't smear.