[FEATURE REQUEST] Log template / signature

Geo-Ewoud

I use a basic signature in my logs, usually i use GSAK with the builtin template option to log my caches.

The last few weeks i used the geocaching app(android) quite often but i mis the ability to make a standard log template/ signature that i can save. The same for the website.

Can this be added to the app and website?

Gr. Ewoud

Please NO !

It already exists for those who want it (GSAK / phone application) an there are (at least) 2 bad consequences :

- logs with "TFTC" signatures (or ".", "found it !", or even worse) and nothing else as content.

- endless signatures (probably to have a good score at the number of words per logs challenges) which are endlessly unintersting and where the real cache-related content, when it exists, is hard to even find.

People tend to be lazy. If logs are pre-filled, they for sure will be :(

Please NO !

It already exists for those who want it (GSAK / phone application) an there are (at least) 2 bad consequences :

- logs with "TFTC" signatures (or ".", "found it !", or even worse) and nothing else as content.

- endless signatures (probably to have a good score at the number of words per logs challenges) which are endlessly unintersting and where the real cache-related content, when it exists, is hard to even find.

People tend to be lazy. If logs are pre-filled, they for sure will be :(

When someone use a signature/ template they aren't necessary lazy.

I rather have a log like tftc with there name/ or slogan on my cache, than a unrelated long story about other caches that they find that day.

To avoid long signatures then they must set a max of charaters you can use.

Edited by Geo-Ewoud

I have to agree with Gillala, for the reasons that they mentioned, and also because signatures use up limited screen real estate on my GPSr. And it is contains ASCII art, those are the worst, because they won't line up properly. Just remember all the different kinds of devices that might be used to read those logs.

+1 Yep.

I have to agree with Gillala, for the reasons that they mentioned, and also because signatures use up limited screen real estate on my GPSr. And it is contains ASCII art, those are the worst, because they won't line up properly. Just remember all the different kinds of devices that might be used to read those logs.

+1 Yep.

+2