Eat All You Can category...? Doesn't exist

Torgut

Nearly four years later...

I'm an occasional visitor to Pete's Place in Krebs, OK (www.petes.org), which is a wonderful Italian place in a Little Italy type of town, and they brew their own beer.  Anyways, I don't know how it is elsewhere, but they serve their food family style, which is something you'll see every now and then in the US.  It's definitely not a buffet where they hand you a plate and you walk up to a buffet counter to pick out what you like, but rather, you tell your server if you'd like a particular entrée which they'll bring to you.  However, what you'll get by default -- the "Italian Dinner" -- is unlimited salad, bread, spaghetti, meatballs, and ravioli.  If you've ordered an entrée, you get that with what comes unlimited.

Here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, we also have Babe's Chicken Dinner House (www.babeschicken.com) which is also family style.  It's your choice of fried chicken, chicken fried steak, or chicken tenders, served with all-you-can-eat salad and vegetables.

So, if someone needs fodder for a category that's not quite "Buffet Restaurants", there you go.  "Family Style Restaurants", I suppose.  I can be a pretty hefty eater, but I'm usually done after a serving-and-a-half, and then it's time to go walk it all off with the camera in a big cemetery somewhere.

• Upvote 1