Magellan

When solving puzzles or co-ords. where I need to input numbers ( eg: a=4 b=3) I enter them into my Magellan 610 as a waypoint. It never seems to take me to the right location even though I check my answers and they are correct. There is nothing wrong with my unit as it takes me right to geocache that I down load. Does entering them this way change something or should it work. I am having trouble entering them as a geocache or even changing them in the original cache to reflect the new location.

Sue

When solving puzzles or co-ords. where I need to input numbers ( eg: a=4 b=3) I enter them into my Magellan 610 as a waypoint. It never seems to take me to the right location even though I check my answers and they are correct. There is nothing wrong with my unit as it takes me right to geocache that I down load. Does entering them this way change something or should it work. I am having trouble entering them as a geocache or even changing them in the original cache to reflect the new location.

Sue

Are you using the "corrected coordinates" feature on the cache page? If you are, then you don't need to input the coords into the gps manually. Once you have entered "corrected coordinates" on the cache page, the gpx that you download will be those coordinates, not the original published ones.

When manually inputting coordinates into the gps, are you making sure that you are using the correct coordinate datum/format, the same as the published coordinates?

Help Center → Other → Conversions

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=208

3.3. WGS-84 and HDD(D)° MM.MMM Datum and Format

Why do we use WGS-84 and HDD(D)° MM.MMM Datum and Format?

Most GPS receivers are set coming out of the box with WGS-84 and HDD(D)° MM.MMM Datum and Format. Using this setting will be less likely to confuse new GPS owners.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol