Bearing and distance on garmin etrex30

TeamPintenWippers

On a Garmion etrex 30, when you want to make the line between two points longer you go in simulation mode to a point so you are there virtually. Then you select with "where to" a second waypoint, you choose non simulated drive, and you have your line. Now in the explanation I have here it says that you then get to see the bearing and the distance....but I dont see this anywhere!? Where can you see the bearing and distance between two points?

You have to be in the map screen. The way I recall doing this is to put the GPS in Demo or simulation mode. Go to the Satellite menu and select Set Position from Map. Pan your map to your desired starting point and click to set that as your fake current position.

Now as you pan the map further to your second point, the top of the screen will show bearing and distance to wherever your cursor is. Click again, and it will give you the Go To option and draw the Navigation line from your (real or fake) current position to the second point.

I no longer have the eTrex 30 so I'm doing this from memory, augmented by what I see now on the GPSMAP 64s menus, which are similar. Hope this helps.

It only shows distance and if it's south not the degrees from the current point. It must be possible but how?

OMG. :rolleyes: Obviously you must have set your settings to show degrees instead of directional letters beforehand.

Go to:

Settings > Heading > Display > Set it to "Numeric Degrees"

setupheading11.jpg

Hans

Edited by HHL