Can't download caches to GPS

WeMightBeGiants

Help, please! I have a Magellan eXplorist GC and a laptop that has the Windows 10 update. I can't figure out how to download pocket queries to my GPS. I used to know how to do this back when I had a laptop with Vista. Now I have no idea what steps to take to get caches on my Magellan. Could someone please give me step by step instruction on how to do this? I mean, right down to what do I click on, etc. TIA, wmbg :blink:

Help, please! I have a Magellan eXplorist GC and a laptop that has the Windows 10 update. I can't figure out how to download pocket queries to my GPS. I used to know how to do this back when I had a laptop with Vista. Now I have no idea what steps to take to get caches on my Magellan. Could someone please give me step by step instruction on how to do this? I mean, right down to what do I click on, etc. TIA, wmbg :blink:

try using the safari browser....

Try searching these forums for "communicator plugin". It will answer if not all of your questions.

Quick fix:

1. Use Firefox + communicator SIGNED plugin (if it exists for Magellan)

or

2. instead of "send to GPS" use "GPX file" and manually copy the file to the correct directory on your GPS.

As a PM you can also create pocket queries. After running them you can copy the unzipped files to your GPS.

[...]

2. instead of "send to GPS" use "GPX file" and manually copy the file to the correct directory on your GPS.

[...]

You'd better use the Garmin's Gpx folder as the Save as ... target directly instead of unnecessarily copying files. :)

Hans

[...]

[...]

You'd better use the Garmin's Gpx folder as the Save as ... target directly instead of unnecessarily copying files. :)

Hans

Hard to do on a Magellan Hans ;)

Apparently Apple dropped support for Safari on Windows several years ago so any version that might run on Windows 10 will be out of date.

[...]

[...]

Hans

Hard to do on a Magellan Hans ;)

Yes. Just change the brand. The systematic should stay the same.

Hans

Edited by HHL

[...]

[...]

Hans

hey there big guy, i think we're talking about Magellan devices here. :-)

safari is the only one I can get to work, thanks !!