4 things I can do with the original app that new app needs

Here is what is missing for me in the currently supported Geocaching iPhone app that were available in the original app and keep me from switching over:

1) ability to leave field notes for later

2) add a waypoint in navigation for Multi and Puzzle finals

3) award favorite points

4) drop and pick up trackables

I hope these features will be added to the new app over time.

Thanks,

sprite4

#2 and #4 are there

2) add a waypoint in navigation for Multi and Puzzle finals - If you head to the waypoints tab on the cache , You should be able to add waypoints

4) drop and pick up trackables - you should be able to do this too . If you pull up a cache details you should be able to see a Trackables section . once you go in there you will be able to interact with dropping and picking up trackables

Here is what is missing for me in the currently supported Geocaching iPhone app that were available in the original app and keep me from switching over:

3) award favorite points

Thanks,

sprite4

3) award favorite points

Thanks,

sprite4

The numerous missing features have already been well-documented. We've been told they will be added eventually, but it will be a long time at the rate their adding them.

BTW, 2 and 4 are already available.

2) When looking at a cache in the app, tap the "Waypoints" tab. There you can click the + beside "My Waypoints" to add waypoints.

4) a. To drop a trackable in a cache, you need to be looking at a cache in the "About" tab. Scroll down until you get to the trackable section and tap the "View My Inventory"/"Log from Inventory" button (it will vary depending on whether there are trackables logged into the cache), then make sure you're on the "Yours" tab. There you can select a trackable to log.

4) b. To retrieve a trackable from a cache, there are a few ways to do it. If it's correctly recorded as being in the cache, you can scroll down on the cache page and tap "Log from Inventory", then select the relevant trackable to log. However, since it will sometimes be tough to identify whether a trackable is the one you're holding using this method, a better way would be to go to the same cache inventory section and tap the magnifying glass at the top-right where you can search for the tracking code. Alternatively, back out on the cache map or list, you can tap the magnifying glass at the top-left and then search by "Trackable Code".