Eastside cachers

Pepper

Hey LB...I hit the Noah's cache too today. What time were you there? I was there sometime around 430 give or take.

How funny! I just checked my pda and it says we logged it at 4:29pm. You must have just missed us! I would have loved the company at Pee Wee. :P Tho I think that one has been around awhile, so I'm sure you've already been there. Sorry we missed ya!

LB you were in my neighborhood and didn't even let me know. I would have come along for the fun. Pee Wee was my first cache find. Peace, Nolenator

Sorry- my telepathy isn't what it used to be! B) Believe me, if I had had anyone's cell phone #- I would have been calling the minute I passed the first set of women's clothing lying on the side of the trail there! :P :shiver:

And hey- what's up with this Camp Long place being closed on Sundays! We went over there to find some of your caches and were turned away! The reason I like Seattle parks is that they don't all close at dusk. Bummer- looks like they are open on Sundays starting tomorrow. Just our luck! Tell Baxter we're sorry we couldn't visit his cache. B)

Close to my neighborhood, so would love to join if I can.

Unfortunately, one of our caching dogs (Cujo - 12 pound white Maltese Poodle) ran away today. So, we'll be searching for something more important to us than a new cache - for as long as it takes. :blink:

(Obviously, if anyone sees him, we will be eternally grateful)

Close to my neighborhood, so would love to join if I can.

Unfortunately, one of our caching dogs (Cujo - 12 pound white Maltese Poodle) ran away today. So, we'll be searching for something more important to us than a new cache - for as long as it takes. :blink:

(Obviously, if anyone sees him, we will be eternally grateful)

I'll keep an eye out for your dog. Man, that sucks. Good luck in finding Cujo.

I remember when Snickers took off on us one day. It was all day before he came back on his own with torn pads. Intense retraining on his yard borders soon followed after he healed up. ;)

I do remember the worrying we went through wondering if we would ever see him again. When we took him in to have his pads checked, we also had the little info capsule inserted for future reference if ever needed.

I'm glad you got your dog back safe and sound. There is no feeling like the relief you get when that happens.

Edited by TotemLake

Glad you found your dog, willcall! There have been a couple of times where I couldn't find the girls for a short time when they were younger and liked to wander and I will always remember that feeling of panic!

Well, you iddn't miss anything. I met up with andrewri and Cachekinger and her son showed up. JNo luck.. I'm recommending that this cache be archived unless cache owner gets with it and tells us the legal route.

What is up with that cache? I've been waiting on it til someone figures out the kosher way to access it. But why are the ratings so low for such a confusing hide? On the other hand, I recently did a cache that was rated 4 for difficulty and it was tupperware wrapped in a trash bag sitting in the crook of a tree. So you never know what someone's interpretation of the rating system will be.

Here's the offender:

9918d3b3-ed1c-4619-8b8d-5178c632a945.jpg

With wiser, older sister Paloma: bbf8a9ae-11e2-4746-a504-fdcb1fe4c651.jpg

Besides giving great "air cover", they are the only family members who actually relish getting out (you should have seen them doing EGH's Night Hike in the sleet and freezing rain)/ If we could just teach them how to actually sniff out caches.

I'm a little leary of the End of Trail placement, but will look for a safe (i.e., non-suspicious) time to take the dogs out and search for the north entry. I had assumed the entry was from the south, but there has been some pipeline work on 24th, and they now have a light fence across the hill north of 24th. Maybe next weekend.

Thanks for empathetic thoughts.

Beamin' Demon is back! Details in the link for latest Washington caches.

I remember it as a fun time back in the day here on the eastside.

Frustrating for some, but still it kind of gave the area a shake!

Seems as if BD is kinda being nice this time?

BD was also before my time but people sure do talk about it a lot. Apparently my first cache is in the same tree as a BD cache used to be. It's kinda like an era defining thing almost. Good for some, bad for others. Not sure about the details since I wasn't caching then.

Saw the latest cache page, but it's not anywhere near me. Maybe after its been found I'll have a look. Maybe BD's just playing with ya! :D

Sorry.....we're new to this sub-forum - but would anyone object if we put a hide or two in similar locations to the old Kodaks4 Bear Creek Series? I happened to stumble across one of the WP's the other day, and reminisced bad time. Thoughts?

Go Pupper's, Go Pupper's...a new cache coming Yee-Haw!

Just discovered this thread - hello from another Eastside team!! We moved here from Australia in January, but unfortunately haven't been able to get to any of the events held since. Hope to meet up with a few locals out and about, now the weather is improving and the daylight lengthens ... Cheers!!

HELP!!!! Anyone on the Eastside have an older, simpler GPSr they'd be willing to rent out for a couple of weeks (at least a good Starbucks card in it for you)? I finally have to bite the bullet and send my Garmin in for warranty repairs (before the warranty expires). The sealant holding the rubber outer lining is loose and the thing probably isn't water-proof anymore. They tell me 10-15 days for the return. I can't live with that. :D My wife blew up at the idea of my buying a cheap unit (something about needing an "intervention" if I were that bad???). Any help would be much appreciated.