Eastside cachers

Pepper

You know, TL, I was out caching on Saturday with OhJoy!, just having a great time when, all of a sudden, I could have SWORN I heard cicadas in the background. Having not heard a single cicada since we moved out of the south, I convinced myself I was just dreaming it up.

It is a sound I miss.

-=-

michelle

You know, TL, I was out caching on Saturday with OhJoy!, just having a great time when, all of a sudden, I could have SWORN I heard cicadas in the background. Having not heard a single cicada since we moved out of the south, I convinced myself I was just dreaming it up.

It is a sound I miss.

-=-

michelle

I know what you mean. The last time I really heard them in person was back in `69 when I was in Virginia.

You know, TL, I was out caching on Saturday with OhJoy!, just having a great time when, all of a sudden, I could have SWORN I heard cicadas in the background.  Having not heard a single cicada since we moved out of the south, I convinced myself I was just dreaming it up.

It is a sound I miss.

Nahhhh... There aren't any cicadas here, are there? It doesn't get warm enough for them. And as for missing the racket? Huh? I grew up in the midwest and when the cicadas came out there was no doubt that they were open for business.

I'll take the constant, 24-hour drone of the nearby freeway. HUH? Ok, well maybe the cicadas weren't that bad. :back:

Lucy recommends Geocache by A.J. and Karen. It is the second oldest cache in Washington state and you can expect views like this:

Hey, we may have a winner - thanks, that's the perfect milestone cache - scenic, historic, a bit physical, and a geocoin to boot! Thanks for the great suggestion. I see you placed a new cache 'along the way' for added incentive! MasterPuzzler, MarcusArelius, and/or cache ahead may join me on this Milestone Cache jaunt, perhaps this weekend. (MA is staring down #800.)

Lucy recommends Geocache by A.J. and Karen. It is the second oldest cache in Washington state and you can expect views like this:

Hey, we may have a winner - thanks, that's the perfect milestone cache - scenic, historic, a bit physical, and a geocoin to boot! Thanks for the great suggestion. I see you placed a new cache 'along the way' for added incentive! MasterPuzzler, MarcusArelius, and/or cache ahead may join me on this Milestone Cache jaunt, perhaps this weekend. (MA is staring down #800.)

Wanna make it a "mini event"? I'd like to come along as well!

Nahhhh... There aren't any cicadas here, are there? It doesn't get warm enough for them.

I know what humming birds look like and how they fly and this was no humming bird. It was an all too ingrained image of a green cicada flying in my backyard and it sure surprised the heck out of me. I seem to remember hearing a few of them back in the late `80's too when we had that water rationing drought. We won't see as big a population here as back east, but we will see or hear them this year.

Greetings and salutations! What better way to jump in to this thing than with a post on the eastside thread! Okay.. just let me catch up on the reading here so I can recognize the names..

Hmm.. 45 pages? Well.. my boss is on vaction, I didn't want to do any work today anyway.

Helpful hint to other brand new hunters in the area... if you get lucky and find one of Beamin' Demon's hides, don't let it go to your head. Just pretend the others aren't near by until you've got some more hunting experience! EGADS!

Greetings and salutations! What better way to jump in to this thing than with a post on the eastside thread! Okay.. just let me catch up on the reading here so I can recognize the names..

Hmm.. 45 pages? Well.. my boss is on vaction, I didn't want to do any work today anyway.

Helpful hint to other brand new hunters in the area... if you get lucky and find one of Beamin' Demon's hides, don't let it go to your head. Just pretend the others aren't near by until you've got some more hunting experience! EGADS!

Contagion welcome to the wonderful world of caching!

Pepper

Is anybody interested in doing a reststop with ClayJar's AlaskaQuest 2004 - GCHRFA ? He'll be swinging up through Seattle sometime after June 14. It would be neat to meet the man behind the Official Geocaching Chatroom. Any thoughts as to which would make a good reststop cache for him?

TL I've got us registred! Smokey Point (MP 207) Northbound

Rest stops for our state can be found here.

This should be a hoot!

Pepper

It looks like Clayjar is on the go!

Is there an estimated projected date he's expected to be here?

Edited by TotemLake
Did 11 caches today, from Kent to Vantage. Did some very! good ones!

Here's one local one to put on your to-do list: What Kind of Dog is that?

:) Yeah, I haven't done this yet. It was put together by Cathy (of Phil and Cathy).

This is her first puzzle cache. Looks like she put some time into this!

A nice lady! We go caching together on Wed. with blindleader. We attempt the harder Multi's and Puzzle caches together. :)

After reading and being entertained by posts from Totem Lake for so long we finally got to meet him while waiting for ClayJar today. Not only that but we got to meet *Snickers* the bear! I think if Chloe the wienerdog stood up on her tip toes she might be able to see what is on the other side of Snickers! Hope it isn’t two years before we meet again. :huh:

After reading and being entertained by posts from Totem Lake for so long  we finally got to meet him while waiting for ClayJar today.  Not only that but we got to meet *Snickers* the bear!  I think if Chloe the wienerdog stood up on her tip toes she might be able to see what is on the other side of Snickers!  Hope it isn’t two years before we meet again.  :huh:

:( It was a great pleasure to meet you and your hubby. "The bear"... that still makes me laugh. :huh: Thankfully Snickers! wasn't all that energetic after that long hike we did yesterday to Criminal's and M10B's caches on Boulder River.

It was also great to see everybody else today. Including a couple others I hadn't met before... ClayJar (of course), Sparker, and Team All 4 One, and Blindleader!

If any of y'all haven't made that hike yet, do so! The falls are spectacular! Just take plenty of water or at least have a water filter pump handy to replenish. There's a few spots that make for great picnicing.

Edited by TotemLake

A couple of people have asked when and where the next PS Chapter meeting is going to be.

Well, it's the "South End's" turn, and since our south end coordinator has not scheduled a meeting yet.......

We have the campout coming up in a couple weeks, how about we consider that the meeting? Enumclaw is definatly in the South end of the county :o

Any Objections?

Anyone passing by Boom this morning before 9AM my want to grab Boom. The Eastside Journal says the cannons will be moved today.

:D Thank you so much Marcus for alerting us that the cannons are moving! Much appreciated! I will archive that right away.

Hmmm.... I wonder if they know there is a cache inside! Maybe we will see where they move them and I will unarchive it!

I will find even a better hidding spot and you can all go look for it again! :ph34r:

:D Hey Pepper! I had just stepped outside to change the sprinkler when I came back in the house to hear the end of your message on the answering maching. Tried to get to th phone but it was too late.

I appreciate you trying to grab the cache before they loaded the cannon on the truck!

It sure is nice having a group of cachers concerned and watching out for each other. Cool. :ph34r:

Thank-you!

Oh NO!!! Can Boom really be gone? For 2 yrs it's been a reflex for me to whisper 'boom' everytime I drive past it.

Fond memories of coming back from a trip back home and Rickie saying 'there's a new Weinerdog cache'. Everyone has heard of jet lag, right? We had been there about ten minutes when Ms. WD herself drove up to check the coords and saw me staring up a tree.

But really, that's where the GPSr said it was!!! She helped us find it and, if I'm not mistaken, THIS is where we got the reputation of being no good fer nothin' hint givers.

MA, did the Eastside Journal say where they were moving the canons? I let my subscription run out 2 weeks ago. Now I regret it. And only because the PI carries the NY Times crossword puzzle...

Boom II was one of the first caches Mrs. Stump and I tackled. We had no idea this game had such evil in it. We had no idea how hard we needed to look to find it. So needless to say, we DNF'd it. When we had a chance to hit some caches in Redmond with CurmudgeonlyGal and JustMike, now that we had some experience, we made sure Boom was on the must do list. And we found it.

Mrs. Stump is still bugging me about going back for Boom II. She doesn't handle DNF's as well as I do. She has less practice with it.

Had no idea it was Wienerdog's cache. And here I thought she was so sweet, little did I know the deviousness that lies inside her. :laughing:

**Oops! I just checked and we didn't log the DNF on that one. <_<

Edited by Stump

:) Ahem...

:blink: Boom! is still alive.

I got a call from Pepper! Now can you just see this girl doing this?

As they were loading the cannons on the truck, she approached the new owner. told him about Geocaching and the cache hidden in his cannon. Apparently he was very interested and said he didn't mind having a cache there at all! Pepper got the contact info and is going to give it to me when she gets back from vacation.

I do know where the Old Country Store is. I used to get gas there when I lived in Redmond. I just happened to notice it was closed up the other day. It is on the side road that runs next to KFC.

So.. Boom! may be back in business soon!

:) Ahem...

:blink: Boom! is still alive.

As they were loading the cannons on the truck, she approached the new owner. told him about Geocaching and the cache hidden in his cannon. Apparently he was very interested and said he didn't mind having a cache there at all! Pepper got the contact info and is going to give it to me when she gets back from vacation.

I do know where the Old Country Store is. I used to get gas there when I lived in Redmond. I just happened to notice it was closed up the other day. It is on the side road that runs next to KFC.

Very cool! Way to go Pepper!

:blink: Ahem...

:) Boom! is still alive.

Very cool! Way to go Pepper!

Cool Pepper!

Thanks, FrodoB, for alerting me to the geomuggle of Crossroads of Wings. It's back in play. Btw... if MGTS chooses to go look for it, I just happened to have placed a pair of shoes in there for her.

:blink: Like... you are just TOO sweet Mr. Lake. So like.. how did you know I totally love shoes??????

Now which cache is this dear?

Love, Miss Shoes

Smooootchie!!!

Edited by Miss Goody Two Shoes
Thanks, FrodoB, for alerting me to the geomuggle of Crossroads of Wings. It's back in play. Btw... if MGTS chooses to go look for it, I just happened to have placed a pair of shoes in there for her.

:blink: Like... you are just TOO sweet Mr. Lake. So like.. how did you know I totally love shoes??????

Now which cache is this dear?

Love, Miss Shoes

Smooootchie!!!

That would be this one..