Eastside cachers

Pepper

WTG Pepper on yet another milestone!  I feel honored that it was one of my own caches!!    I'm only sorry it was a micro..........so sorry,  now I see why you seemed sad about it! 

I hope you and the girls enjoyed that bridge, though!  It's a fun one to try to get a crazy dog across!  :P

Og

Yeah I was gonna leave coin #7 in it but no way would it fit.

I'll be back!!!!

Pepper

Edited by Team SuperGenius
Marcus...what's the story behind that coing you left in hte cache? Pretty cool!

I don't really know the story behind the naval coin that I left in Pepper's cache.

I found it in a cache, I can't even remember which one. I'd been saving it to trade for a signature coin.

I remember MA you got it out of my Meeko & Pocahontas Cache and I know this why? cause I put the coin the cache! ;)

Actually I dropped two coins in that cache you got one and so did Seatle Seekers.

Pepper

OH MY GOSH!

LETS SEE...I FOUND THE FIRST ONE, BEBUBO FOUND THE SECOND ONE, AND I FOUND THE THIRD ONE. BEBUBO WENT ON I CAME HOME MY BOY WAS STARTING TO WHIN AND IT WAS GETTING CLOSE TO THE GIRLS GETTING HOME FROM SCHOOL

MY BOY AND I ARE GONNA GO BACK OUT BRIGHT AND EARLY TOMORROW AND FINISH 4 & 5.

The whole story will be told on the cache pages.

Pepper alive and well.

Marcus...what's the story behind that coing you left in hte cache? Pretty cool!

I don't really know the story behind the naval coin that I left in Pepper's cache.

I found it in a cache, I can't even remember which one. I'd been saving it to trade for a signature coin.

I remember MA you got it out of my Meeko & Pocahontas Cache and I know this why? cause I put the coin the cache! ;)

Actually I dropped two coins in that cache you got one and so did Seatle Seekers.

Pepper

Oh that's where I got it. Boy that cache has some history huh? So what's the story behind the coin?

Regarding "The Belt of my Last Victim".

This cache will be removed and the place turned back over to nature sometime shortly after Easter. A new version will appear elsewhere.

:D What a shame to archive this cache Mr. Fen Dwellar. It is a classic.

MR and I specifically chose this one for our 1200th. Why? Because it was a challanging cache and we wanted to do something we had to work for. AND it was worth it.

We so-called bushwacked to the cache. LIGHTLY. Meaning; we did not cut down anything, nor did we blaze a trail to the cache. We went over and under and through. So much so, that I know that no one could of tracked the way we went in. As far as other trails "being cut". Well... we didn't happen to find any that day.

There is an easier way in. Some are lucky to find it. Others not.

I too wish there was some way to get it across to people that if you want to do this, look at the rating. Then be willing to work your way to the cache in a proper manner. Even if it takes getting muddy and scratched or whatever. Or possibly be lucky and find the easy way.

I choose to post this on this thread rather than the cache page because I feel very strong about this cache and it's related circumstances. I think people need to be aware.

Thank-you,

Donna

Where's the growl smile?

PS I know of other cachers wanting to do this one that haven't had the chance yet. It would be sad to archive it. B):DB)

Edited by Wienerdog

I finally completed the Evergreenhiker! series. Awesome cache series!!!! Thanks Runhills!

Here's the log for the final:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...bf-56d1e0f4f42f

I will post pics later on. As I mentioned in my log, this series is not to be taken lightly. This is definitely bushwacking. I did a so called bushwacking thing over on the Kitsap Penin. and that doesn't even come close. The ratings here are top-notch accurate.

Signal is tricky and the coords might be off some so be sure to looked at the pictures carefully.

Geez EGH after reading your final log on the Evergreehiker Feast Series you actually go me shaken in my boots wondering if I can really finish #4 & #5.

I would of been alot better off not reading that at all. I had no worries up untill minutes ago.

DERN IT (should I or should I not...that is the question).

Pepper

Hey East Side Cachers!

I don't usually read or post on your forum but wanted to let you know Mrs. GEM's and I had a great time in your neighborhood today! You live in a beautiful area!

We did the following caches:

Late last night I did GCJ2BW Monroe3/CookieDoughSideDish and picked up Moun10Bike coin #221 and then with information from that coin first thing this morning we did GCJ346 got coin? Picked up a FTF by just seconds, (runhills really does) and picked up our 2nd Moun10Bike coin (#220) in 18 hours hours and my 7th Moun10Bike coin find.

We then headed over to the maze and did the following caches in this order:

1 GCH7P8 Centauri Escape Pod "November"

2 GCHP25 SuperGenius #23 - Do Go!

3 North

4 GCHZR8 SG #24 - Lost Lucy Cache! (just a little lost)

5 East

6 South

7 West

8 GCH6R6 Final Moun10Bike Maze Multicache

9 GCJ17M SG #25 - "That Dern Team IAG Girl!"

I just finished logging everything, it's now 11:53 pm.

Thanks Pepper, Moun10Bike, runhills and flyingdogs...We had a great time!

My extra coin will be placed or used in an event in the South Pierce County Region.

Thanks for the congrats, everybody! I'm bummed that I couldn't find "AnotherLordHill", but was happy to hit the milestone. I should be able to make 2000 before the baby comes (I hope)!

I was surprised (and happy) to see so much activity at "got coin?"! Those sorts of caches don't seem as popular anymore, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I'm bummed that I couldn't find "AnotherLordHill", but was happy to hit the milestone.  I should be able to make 2000 before the baby comes (I hope)!

You're bummed, did you see that Right Wing Wacko was there the day you left the coin? Now that's a bummer.

I got home and logged my find. Then shortly thereafter Moun10Bikes log showed up. I was just about to head out the door to grab it. I would have gotten the coin had a I left, but my wiife wouldn't let me go :)

Well, if i find a cache that's got a coin in it that i could get to, i'll leave at 2 am if i have 2!! Im just not lucky. I thought awhile back i had one in the tri cities and i get there, no coin, no logs nothing. I dunno what happened to it. I'll probably never get one, but hey i can keep trying!

~Derek

Hea I've GOT COIN?

Cool cache M10B now if I could only read the code on my coin i'd be in good shape.

....looking for Magnifying Glass and my reading glasses, that should work., dern aging has it's draw backs! :D

Pepper

Parting shots before I leave town for a few days...

Moun10Bike, congratulations on 1900. I hope I'm there for #2000. Maybe it'll be an event?! <_<

Rothstafari told me that I have to do another Mission: Impossible cache soon. I guess I'd better! :P

I sure hope that these Beamin' Demon caches have a short lifespan. Seriously, I'm sick of seeing them on my 'nearest' page. I've had to omit micros from my queries. I'd hate to be a new geocacher in Redmond and see two dozen of these as my intro to the sport. Enough already! :blink:

I just realized that we don't get back to the US until the afternoon of the 17th. I'm going to miss most of the CITO action! :P I'll try to pick up some trash on the airplane and maybe I can find an after-event party. :lol:

Have a great week everybody!

Cheers,

Seth!

Parting shots before I leave town for a few days...

Moun10Bike, congratulations on 1900. I hope I'm there for #2000. Maybe it'll be an event?! <_<

Rothstafari told me that I have to do another Mission: Impossible cache soon. I guess I'd better! :P

I sure hope that these Beamin' Demon caches have a short lifespan. Seriously, I'm sick of seeing them on my 'nearest' page. I've had to omit micros from my queries. I'd hate to be a new geocacher in Redmond and see two dozen of these as my intro to the sport. Enough already! :blink:

I just realized that we don't get back to the US until the afternoon of the 17th. I'm going to miss most of the CITO action! :P I'll try to pick up some trash on the airplane and maybe I can find an after-event party. :lol:

Have a great week everybody!

Cheers,

Seth!

I agree with Brian...that series you did two years ago was a kick!

Yeah, I'd like to be present for MTBs 2000 also. :-)

I'm tired of micros too...like to see more boxes!

I sure hope that these Beamin' Demon caches have a short lifespan. Seriously, I'm sick of seeing them on my 'nearest' page. I've had to omit micros from my queries. I'd hate to be a new geocacher in Redmond and see two dozen of these as my intro to the sport. Enough already! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Seth!

:tongue: Well Golly Day, Mom always taught me not to make value judgements when it comes to what other folks like. But I have tender feelings and I still cried all night. I'm OK now, though. Mom says if you don't like my caches, then you can darn well not hunt 'em. So there!! :bad:

xoxoxoxox and Happy Easter Bunny,

BD

I sure hope that these Beamin' Demon caches have a short lifespan. Seriously, I'm sick of seeing them on my 'nearest' page. I've had to omit micros from my queries. I'd hate to be a new geocacher in Redmond and see two dozen of these as my intro to the sport. Enough already!  :tongue:

Cheers,

Seth!

:D Well Golly Day, Mom always taught me not to make value judgements when it comes to what other folks like. But I have tender feelings and I still cried all night. I'm OK now, though. Mom says if you don't like my caches, then you can darn well not hunt 'em. So there!! :D

BD

:D Beamin Demon! You were crying? AND you sent some hugs and kisses. Been hanging with MGTS lately?

This is how I feel about your caches:

1. They are very difficult (for me especially).

2. I HAVE A CHOICE if I want to look for them or not! :bad: No one forces me to!

3. I'm not afraid to ask for a hint or nudge.

Now, I did find two yesterday (haven't logged yet). There was one I looked for that I couldn't find. Even with a hint. I must admit (now this is Mrs. Wienerdog speaking) that I did cry a bit walking back to my car. Truly :D . I'm just a big baby. I think to myelf I'm not doing anymore of these! Then I get over it after awhile.

BUT think of this: Beamin Demon states on the cache pages (ie. I Wipe), that this is the very state she/he wants to bring you to. Also, the low star ratings can be a trick. I don't know if this was done intentionally, but you think you are going to find a regular 1+1/2 and it's really not! :rolleyes: .

It depends on what you want from caching. Yes, these are evil hides. I too would love to see some new boxes. There are a COUPLE new ones. But there is a way around that also:

1. Hide some yourself.

2. Don't cache in Redmond. (There are lot's elsewhere). This doesn't apply to new people who haven't cached the whole Redmond area yet.

Again... it's a choice you have to make for yourself. :)

PS. BTW. There is no kleenex left in 'I WIPE'. This was the one I found after I left cying from the other one!

Aw shucks, Wienerdog...you just made my day. I've just been moping around feeling sorry for myself because nobody loves me...except for Mom, of course. And even she can't stand me today. I was trying to get up the courage to ask MGTS out on a date, but then that danged Era Seek beat me to it. Guess I'll just go eat worms.

Love,

BD : :rolleyes:

I sure hope that these Beamin' Demon caches have a short lifespan. Seriously, I'm sick of seeing them on my 'nearest' page. I've had to omit micros from my queries. I'd hate to be a new geocacher in Redmond and see two dozen of these as my intro to the sport. Enough already!  :bad:

Cheers,

Seth!

:) Well Golly Day, Mom always taught me not to make value judgements when it comes to what other folks like. But I have tender feelings and I still cried all night. I'm OK now, though. Mom says if you don't like my caches, then you can darn well not hunt 'em. So there!! :rolleyes:

BD

I like doing those BD caches just so I can get mad at that DERNED OLE BD when I DNF then find one and like DB all over again.

Then I just start the cycle all over again, it is a vicious cycle.

I feel it's a love hate thing between myself and BD. :tongue:

At least is keeps me busy close to home.

That's my story and I'm sticken to it!!!!!

Pepper