Eastside cachers

Pepper

8 out 9 caches today. Cleaned up west Seattle and Queen Anne. Got the damned I Wait cache on way home. DNF at Perogola cache or whatever it's called...downtown Seattle. ''

probably not going ot the caching thing tomorrow. Need to be around the place some of the time. Too far and ferry is a hassle. I figure I'll go car camping when I go over there next.

We'll miss not having you EGH! Here a sneak peak at where we are going:

JEF0539_mr.jpg

What a great picture!

Yep - this one shows Rat Island, the destination of the Wading event. We'll be coming from Marrowstone Island, from the side that is just below the lower margin of the picture. The land along the upper margin is Cedar Island with the Indian Island Naval Base, and is strictly off-limits. The left side of Rat Island (the Mystery Bay side) is the place where I saw hundreds of seals in the night I placed the cache. On the right side are Port Townsend Bay and Admiralty Inlet.

EraSeek, could you post that picture to the site of the WfE cache, and/or teach me how to do it? I haven't yet figured out how to post pictures and make active links on my cache pages...Thanks!

A cache in the area that I had hoped would be approved before the event is still in limbo, but I hope it will be approved soon. For those of you who are entering information into your GPSrs already, the coords are

N 48° 00.621 W 122° 40.993, and you'll get there by hiking along the beach for a few miles from either side. From the North (East Beach, just after Nordland) it is easier but longer. Alternatively, you can park near the Little Rocks III cache and walk along the Southern shore.

Waaaagh! I sure wish I was wading with my Geofriends but I shall be helping flyingdogs get ready for her trip to Hawaii this coming week :blink:

Take good notes so we can repeat the adventure in a month or so! Make sure lucyandrickie have a real adventure for their milestone! Maybe even better than the Maze? :rolleyes:

Take good notes so we can repeat the adventure in a month or so! Make sure lucyandrickie have a real adventure for their milestone! Maybe even better than the Maze? :rolleyes:

Sorry you weren't with us, we had lots of fun. We were eighteen people, which was a nice number. Many of thm from quite a distance. Whenever you come to this area, let me know, and I'll be happy to help you on your way.

Yes, Lucy and Ricky had their #1300. CONGRATULATIONS! Pictures will be posted on the sites for the respective caches!

There were 18 of us, and people had come from as far as Puyallup, Point Roberts and Port Angeles to join the fun. I enjoyed meeting many new people, and the only thing I regret is that I didn't have time to talk more to everyone.

We spent the morning caching individually or in small groups, and met a 3 pm in the parking lot near the Fort Flagler RV park. The timing was perfect. The level of the water was less than knee-deep, lower than I had expected. Hairy Plotter and Half-Canadian paddled across anyway, and were faster than we were, as we were walking on barnacles.

Rose was ferried over by HP, and she had lots of fun. Up to that point, she had been scared and intimidated by this group of unknown people, but she quickly thawed up. She took particularly well to Lucy and Rickie, who turned out to be much more fun to be with then her own daddy, who was trying to talk to other boring grownups.

L&R and HP, you've made her day, and you'll be an important part of what she'll remember. Thanks! [:P]

We walked over the barnacled tideflats and braved the squirts of the geoducks, until we got to the island itself. RWW was the one to find the cache, I believe. After the signing, we crossed to the southern shore, made sure that there were no seals resting, and walked back on the sand. I believe Rose spent much of the time on Rickie's shoulders...

EraSeek spotted some seals in the water, though, popping their heads up in a small distance, and watching us walk by.

We were back earlier than I had thought - we had another hour for finding some caches individually or in groups, until we met at 6 pm at our reserved tables at ther Ajax cafe. We all had fun with the hats, as the pictures will testify. Rose was very tired and tried to spend the meal on Lucy's lap. I tried to contract Lucy for babysitting, but her rate of 1 geocoin per hour is more than I can afford. Or maybe not? There's an idea [:D)]

This was my first cache event - and I am happy it turned out to be such a success, and that you all had so much fun. I am hearing calls for a repeat, and I'll try to think of another non-urban event. Maybe 4chin Seeker would like to set up something [:D]

I hope to meet you all on the trails!

I already told EGH if we go hiking next summer he has two choices:

1. I get to be the one in front.

OR

2. I am going to find the heaviest fishing line available and attach a reel on my belt. When he gets to far ahead I'll just reel him back in!

He loves fishing you know! He's just never been on the other end of the line. :ph34r:

:D Mrs. Wienerdog

I don't think it will help you to be in front, he'll just go around the earth the other way and still get there first. :mad:

Well, it appears that I'm going to have to skip the Vancouver Cache Machine. The engine in my wifes car seems to want to violate the rule that oil and water don't mix, so It appears I will be paying for some major repairs.

I am in Possesion of the Victoria Cache Machine Travel bug that I need to hand off to someone going to the Vancouver Cache Machine. Is there anyone here that would like to do the honers of taking it to Vancouver and logging it into all your finds?

Well, it appears that I'm going to have to skip the Vancouver Cache Machine.  The engine in my wifes car seems to want to violate the rule that oil and water don't mix, so It appears I will be paying for some major repairs. 

I am in Possesion of the Victoria Cache Machine Travel bug that I need to hand off to someone going to the Vancouver Cache Machine.  Is there anyone here that would like to do the honers of taking it to Vancouver and logging it into all your finds?

:D Oh that's too bad RWW! I was just getting to know you a bit in Spokane.

I can take the T-Bug. Where do you live? We live up by Richmond Beach. Edmonds, Shoreline area. We could do a trade off in a cache.

I think that Lucyandrickie are going and there is a chance that <_< Detective Pepper is too.

Donna

Edited by Wienerdog
:D Oh that's too bad RWW! I was just getting to know you a bit in Spokane.

I can take the T-Bug. Where do you live? We live up by Richmond Beach. Edmonds, Shoreline area. We could do a trade off in a cache.

I think that Lucyandrickie are going and there is a chance that <_< Detective Pepper is too.

Donna

I live in Lake Stevens, but work in Lynnwood.

Let me know what works for you, and we'll get the bug handed off.

It's getting a fair number if caches logged on it.

Well, it appears that I'm going to have to skip the Vancouver Cache Machine. The engine in my wifes car seems to want to violate the rule that oil and water don't mix, so It appears I will be paying for some major repairs.

I am in Possesion of the Victoria Cache Machine Travel bug that I need to hand off to someone going to the Vancouver Cache Machine. Is there anyone here that would like to do the honers of taking it to Vancouver and logging it into all your finds?

RWW, I am trying to hook up with a ride to the Vancouver Cache Mach. So I'd be happy to take the T.B. For you if I can find a ride. <_<

Has anybody looked at their Account Details lately?

I haven't noticed the calendar before. How long has that been there? If you click on the underlined dates, it will tell you which caches you entered a log on.

That went in a couple of days ago with the redesign of My Home Page. Lots of cool stuff in there. There is a link on the caches tab to list all the ones you have found, as well as a link to your hidden caches. That link is also on the first page you see. I am still exploring the page, but it is cool.

Got 20 finds today and 2 DNFs. Personal record for me if ignore cache machines. I guess Donna was following me some of the time today. shoot! Would have been fun to hit a few with Wienerdog. This was from 11 am till 730 at night. Those two DNFs cost me 1.10 hours. Just don't know how to give up on a cache. Some Fed wAy, Kent, and Auburn.

Next project is Tacoma. and more of Fed Way.

I second that on congrats to the Puppers!

Very nice Team they are indeed.

I think they claimed #800 on my cache SuperGenius #19 - Copper Bison.

WOW! EGH sounds like you had fun. I to was out yesterday not hunting but placing! Two coins are now in place, hmmm....I wonder when they will show up!

Have a great day all.

Pepper

Edited by Team SuperGenius
Got 20 finds today and 2 DNFs. Personal record for me if ignore cache machines. I guess Donna was following me some of the time today. shoot! Would have been fun to hit a few with Wienerdog. This was from 11 am till 730 at night. Those two DNFs cost me 1.10 hours. Just don't know how to give up on a cache. Some Fed wAy, Kent, and Auburn.

You'll have to come down to the Event on April 1st if you aren't working. Give you a chance to clean up at least one of those DNF's.

Got 20 finds today and 2 DNFs. Personal record for me if ignore cache machines. I guess Donna was following me some of the time today. shoot! Would have been fun to hit a few with Wienerdog. This was from 11 am till 730 at night. Those two DNFs cost me 1.10 hours. Just don't know how to give up on a cache.  Some Fed wAy, Kent, and Auburn.

I was just as suprised to see your name in a couple logs too! I though we might cross paths. I actually didn't leave the house until noon. While caching the day before, I got my foot caught in this 'Y' shaped branch on the trail. Took a hard fall. Even my glasses flew off me! I couldn't stand up for a couple minutes. One of my knees really hurt. Took some Motrin and decided to go out.

I did get 18 though! 1 DNF. Picked the easy ones for that day. Still a lot of .20 walking into those little parks.

Donna :D I better start posting those!

Edited by Wienerdog