Eastside cachers

Pepper

Congrats Pepper!!!! What was the big find on?

I got it on Pot of Gold(something like that).

:unsure: /me beams with pride

Sorry to disappoint you, TravisL, but there's a new Pot O' Gold cache located in Seattle near the west side of the Evergreen bridge. Pepper and I did, however, compare stories of when we did that other Pot o' Gold cache. :lol:

:lol:

Checked my cache page and what!!!! My three new ones are already hit!!!! By Wired1. He's crazy!!! Congrats to him! Boy I didn't think anybody attempt that last cache in the dark with no information...just parking and cache coords and warning of bushwacking.

And I'm still extracting thorns and <_< slivers.

Norway hill is done! I closed it down...logging is occuring and roads are being built. The box was still in it's hiding spot, but felled timber and plowed dirt right next to it. Whew!!! Glad to get the box back and more importantly the logbook for memories sake. Ammo box will be transplanted to Cherry Cache II that will be coming up before too long. Try to get that done this coming week.

I spent the day cleaning up the multi's I hadn't hit up in Mt Vernon today. Very wet! Took the trail up the south side of Little Mountain(?). A raging wind storm on a forested hill. Kinda exciting. Kept waiting for something to snap.

(Isn't MGTS just a sweetie!)

Edited by EraSeek
AFter that, I got centauri Nov cache and then Pepper's. Took a while to get that one. Some big deer tracks along hte trail. FTF for Peppers!!!

OHG and he got WITHOUT the spoiler photos, which I have yet to put on the cache page, but I will get on that little task this evening.

WAY TO GO EGH.

Pepper

Boy...he's lucky he's ok! Just sent him a short note.

Regarding my new caches, lot of DNFs. So I wnt out and rechecked the coords and they are solid. I removed the hint for Echo...not needed. Both caches are in excellent shape. Have fun!

On way home, I tried I roll again. I'm giving up on that one until cache owner verifies it's still in place. I'd got a nudge from Runhills, but couldnt' turn it up.

Edited by evergreenhiker!

Well you can certainly tell when the Puget Sound area has had a good run on cache finds. With good weather today, I'm noticing the geocaching.com server is coming up with lots of errors about being busy. I suggest you edit your finds in notepad, then copy and paste them into the cache logs to save yourself some possible grief.

I just logged the seven caches I did today and got the 'server busy' warning four times.

Congrats Paul on 400!!!

I got 2 FTF's in Lynnwood this morning, the three Lord Hill caches plus a couple more in Monroe. That puts me just 3 away from the 500 milestone and I'm considering the Moun10bike Maze for that one. (Way to go Rickie on getting that coin!!) Gorgeous day today; the visibility was just amazing!

I just logged the seven caches I did today and got the 'server busy' warning four times.

Congrats Paul on 400!!!

I got 2 FTF's in Lynnwood this morning, the three Lord Hill caches plus a couple more in Monroe. That puts me just 3 away from the 500 milestone and I'm considering the Moun10bike Maze for that one. (Way to go Rickie on getting that coin!!) Gorgeous day today; the visibility was just amazing!

Those Lord Hill caches have been on my ToDo list for some time. I need to get out there are take care of that.

My current goal is to reach 500 on or before my first caching anniversary on 4/30/04. With Two cache machines and hopefully some better weather coming, I should be able to make it [:smile:]

Congrats Paul on 400!!!

Wow...getting close! PUt 500 on the Maze if you can. Congrats on the two FTFs. You and I been getting our share fo those lately it seems :-)

Speaking of numbers, I'm just 3 short of 1000 single-point caches. So those two new ones in Lynwood will setup the 1000th up on Squak MT. I got my first ever geocache up on Squak...Tie Mill. So I'll get the new one and revisit Tie Mill.

Edited by evergreenhiker!
I thought I remember Gaviidae say he reached 300?

Yes, I reached 300 Saturday a couple hours before the Peninsula Cache-in. Hope the next 300 are just as fun!

Think I have more DNFs than I do finds on the Eastside, however. I'm going to have to get up there again sometime to take another crack at those.

BTW - Glad to run into you in Gig Harbor, Totemlake. Sorry you had to leave.

Edited by gaviidae

Congrats John on 1000 single point finds!!

I tried to hit my milestone this afternoon too. Got #499 at Pepper's Supergenius #23 and then proceeded to tackle the Moun10bike Maze for #500. Well I came up short. Got all four WPs but it was getting dark and the car was closer than the final so the car won out. I'll need to go back tomorrow and get it unless a nearby FTF opportunity presents itself!

K7, by chance was that your black auto parked at the P1 gate on the maze tonight?

No that wasn't mine. Mine is a light gold Acura. I was last parked at P5 down south where I went in to get the last WP "East". I should have gone for the final as I had enough info to find it, but decided to find that last WP anyway and ran out of light. Got back to the car at 6:30. Looks like I'll be going back tomorrow.

K7-Wave, stick to your plan! The Maze is worthy of your 500 milestone; it would have to be an awsome FTF to take it's place! There is also the gamble that your 500 would be a STF! .....in my humble opinion!

Yeah, I think you're right. I have already put several hours work toward the Maze and nothing has popped up new tonight but more of those BD micros!! I'll get the Maze for 500. Too bad it is now coinless!