Eastside cachers

Pepper

...and just for the record, mine was May 11!

Lot of bulls in this bunch!

hydnsek, girl we can't forget you....but you are a little late chiming in : ).

Hea I missed talking to you at the PS-WSGA meeting.

Pepper

Edited by Team SuperGenius

Pepper,

I enjoyed the chat when I stopped by but thought I should be up front and tell you that I read your mind and used the information to go find SEVEN of your hides. I must say, each and every one of them brought me MEMORIES to keep.

So from me to you

THANKS

Pepper,

I enjoyed the chat when I stopped by but thought I should be up front and tell you that I read your mind and used the information to go find SEVEN of your hides.  I must say, each and every one of them brought me MEMORIES to keep.

So from me to you

THANKS

Ahh Sucks…Runhills!

From this point on you are NOT allowed to read my mind with out written consent!

:tongue:

Pepper

Congrats on the FTF Bullmoose!

Thanks.

I have to give props to my wife. Agreeing to hike 9 miles in the rain on a holiday weekend so I could get a FTF and a geocoin is above and beyond the call of wifely duty.

The dog, on the other hand, was ready to go again today in anything short of an F-5 tornado.

Hea Bull MooseAfter almost TWO years of asking my husband if he would like to go caching with me he finally floored me with aSURE the Ferry Caches sound like something fun for the whole family!

My heart started beating fast as he asks me to download some waypoints on the GPSr while he took a shower. Shower I'm thinking...so while I’m fixen him up with waypoints I'm really wondering if he's gonna go thru this whole caching thing. When we get to Seattle I took him to Pikes Market (he was NOT impressed) to many people for my SuperGenius, but he did enjoy a hot cup of coffee from the original Star Bucks. We made our way onto the Kitsap ferry and it was on… he did all the way points AND he even told me that he truly enjoyed doing the puzzle! I'm still in shock!(in shock that we DNF’ed) He was ok with not finding the cache, but NOT ME I’ll be back. I think we had a math error? On the way back I missed the crane number Dohhhh….So we didn’t get either one of the caches.

So it went like this:

Parking – 16.00

Coffee – 6.00

Kids snacks – 13.00

Ferry walk on ride x 5 – 25.00

Dinner in Seattle (after two ferry DNF’s) – 45.00

All in all the most expensive DNF’s to date but still I was with my WHOLE family!

Still happy (no DNF's YET)

family.jpg

THANKS!!!

All in all the most expensive DNF’s to date but still I was with my WHOLE family!

Sorry to see your DNF logs.

I'll swing down there today to check on the Bremerton one and I can e-mail you the number on the crane since you obviously were there - it looks like on the Kitsap.

I often watch kids on the ferry slowly work vending machine and video game money out of their parents over the hour ride. It's quite fascinating. If the galleys ever open up again it's even better.

Thanks.

I have to give props to my wife. Agreeing to hike 9 miles in the rain on a holiday weekend so I could get a FTF and a geocoin is above and beyond the call of wifely duty.

The dog, on the other hand, was ready to go again today in anything short of an F-5 tornado.

Congrats Bull Moose!

After reading your log I can say that I know the feeling. I bet you hiked a lot faster on the way in than on the way out.

You were right considering a Friday trip, if I had known about the coin.... :D

Thanks.

Congrats Bull Moose!

After reading your log I can say that I know the feeling. I bet you hiked a lot faster on the way in than on the way out.

You were right considering a Friday trip, if I had known about the coin.... :D

I almost went out there...but decided the rain wasn't to my liking :-)

Pepper and I had a great experience at a cache on Camano Island today -- very, very closeup views of a pair of bald eagles. They were sitting about 20-30 feet above our heads. Wow!

Click here for photos and my log

If you haven't done any caching on Camano Island (to the north of Seattle), it's a beautiful area. There are 3 caches on the island -- soon to be 4 (we hid a new one to the north). And, you just might be lucky enough to see these two eagles, since they're nesting near the cache.

cin

Pepper and I had a great experience at a cache on Camano Island today -- very, very closeup views of a pair of bald eagles. They were sitting about 20-30 feet above our heads. Wow!

Click here for photos and my log

If you haven't done any caching on Camano Island (to the north of Seattle), it's a beautiful area. There are 3 caches on the island -- soon to be 4 (we hid a new one to the north). And, you just might be lucky enough to see these two eagles, since they're nesting near the cache.

cin

Those are some cool pics of the eagles CachinCin. I used to play golf in some of the outer areas and would routinely have an eagle flying parallel to the fairway looking for a meal to snatch from the tall rough.

Is anybody interested in doing a reststop with ClayJar's AlaskaQuest 2004 - GCHRFA ? He'll be swinging up through Seattle sometime after June 14. It would be neat to meet the man behind the Official Geocaching Chatroom. Any thoughts as to which would make a good reststop cache for him?

TL I've got us registred! Smokey Point (MP 207) Northbound

Rest stops for our state can be found here.

This should be a hoot!

Pepper

Yeah I sent CJ that waypoint.

Pepper

Alright! I was speaking with CJ last night in IRC chat and was about to send that WP to him also.

This is the only NorthBound rest area in the Seattle area with a cache in it that I'm aware of. The other rest area is down in Federal Way next to Wild Waves, and has had caches in it before but they tend to get removed by the bomb squad or muggles.

---------

Email to CJ:

I will look forward to your visit to the Seattle Area. My rest stop is located a bit north of Seattle, about a mile north of Milepost 206 and exit 206 at Smokey Point.

N 48° 10.080 W 122° 11.461

There is an easy to find TB hotel and cache at this rest stop

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...4e-1d150e957ffc

Contact Info:

Paul West

(XXX) XXX-XXXX (cell phone - 24/7)

Hope to see ya there.

Edited by Right Wing Wacko
Yeah I sent CJ that waypoint.

Pepper

Alright! I was speaking with CJ last night in IRC chat and was about to send that WP to him also.

This is the only NorthBound rest area in the Seattle area with a cache in it that I'm aware of. The other rest area is down in Federal Way next to Wild Waves, and has had caches in it before but they tend to get removed by the bomb squad or muggles.

---------

Email to CJ:

I will look forward to your visit to the Seattle Area. My rest stop is located a bit north of Seattle, about a mile north of Milepost 206 and exit 206 at Smokey Point.

N 48° 10.080 W 122° 11.461

There is an easy to find TB hotel and cache at this rest stop

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...4e-1d150e957ffc

Contact Info:

Paul West

(XXX) XXX-XXXX (cell phone - 24/7)

Hope to see ya there.

While there may be some north of Smokey Point, I think it is the first one north of Scatter Creek, down by Centrailia, that has a cache in it. I've just been looking at rest stop caches for my upcoming trip to California and there aren't many in Wasington south of Seattle.

Poor Aurie has been upset with me because she hasn't gone geocaching in a while. Yes, she actually knows that when I get my pack out it means I'm going somewhere fun, and she's been pouting and whining at me when I leave without her (and again when I return home).

I just haven't been doing much dog-friendly caching lately, so I thought I'd ask for some suggestions here. I know several of you cache with your canines -- have you been anywhere lately that your dog(s) just loved? Aurie is especially fond of 2-4 milers, but we're open to new adventures.

Yes, I'm spoiling her, but I'm also being selfish -- it's much more fun to cache with her than just all by myself! :D

Cin

I just haven't been doing much dog-friendly caching lately, so I thought I'd ask for some suggestions here. I know several of you cache with your canines -- have you been anywhere lately that your dog(s) just loved? Aurie is especially fond of 2-4 milers, but we're open to new adventures.

Chewie enjoyed Criminal's new cache Boulder River (see above). I was able to leave him off leash most of the time. It's a little longer than target at 9 miles, but there are plenty of cool-down feeder streams for dogs.

Poor Aurie has been upset with me because she hasn't gone geocaching in a while.  Yes, she actually knows that when I get my pack out it means I'm going somewhere fun, and she's been pouting and whining at me when I leave without her (and again when I return home). 

I just haven't been doing much dog-friendly caching lately, so I thought I'd ask for some suggestions here.  I know several of you cache with your canines -- have you been anywhere lately that your dog(s) just loved? Aurie is especially fond of 2-4 milers,  but we're open to new adventures. 

Yes, I'm spoiling her, but I'm also being selfish -- it's much more fun to cache with her than just all by myself!  :D

Cin

Wallace Cache III has a good paved path and good trails. I forgot to put in my log on the second visit that we saw a Great Blue Heron in the river. Snickers especially loved the tall grassy area.

Edited by TotemLake
Anybody hear trhe meteor or see it last night? I didn't...sound asleep. My mother said she woke up feeling hte house shaking and a bright light flashing and wierd noise. It's on the news.

The dog went berzerk at 2:45 this morning, and I can only assume that it was because of the meteor. I didn't see or hear it. I yelled at him to be quiet and lay down.

He was sore at me this morning. I guess he was just trying to warn me about the end of the world and I got cranky with him.

I was trying to get my boss to let us go look for the meteor in case there are any biomolecules on it. Barring finding that, we could search for the inside of a brew pub. ;)

If we do find it, I'll set up a cache there. ;)

Edited by Bull Moose

Brazin was up reading. He said there was a bright flash followed by a kind of rumble. But the sound was delayed from the flash, light lightening and thunder. He figured it was a car turning around when he saw the flash, then he thought maybe an earthquake when he heard the noise. Then he decided he was just up too late and delusional. That was about 2:30 - 2:45 AM. Pretty cool!

Anybody hear trhe meteor or see it last night? I didn't...sound asleep. My mother said she woke up feeling hte house shaking and a bright light flashing and wierd noise. It's on the news.

We are putting in a new system at work(Downtown Seattle), and a bunch of us saw it, but we did not know what it was, and we were busy enough that we forgot about within a few minutes. We did not hear or feel anything, but my family awoke to the noise.

My wife works on the nuclear reactors on the subs and carriers at the shipyard here in Bremerton. Her boss was up last night with her new baby when it happened. Because of what she does, she went through a huge emotional swing. The story was just so creepy, I have to share:

She told my wife the flash was so bright she thought they had lost one of the reactors on either the of the carriers down there now or one of the boats. So her husband and her actually said goodbye to each other and waited for the shockwave to kill them. After the rumble she went outside to see where the wind was blowing to get away from the radiation if they could. (Totally irrational, she is close enough to be killed in any initial blast, like us, not that that has any chance of happening, anyway). I guess the night chill brought her to her senses and they turned on the radio and figured out what was happening.

I'm glad my wife slept through it...

8aea44a0-491a-46d5-85de-fee473edce2a.jpg

d5d08647-be67-441f-ab77-fb41af97731b.jpg

f119169a-4628-44de-99ad-712358831144.jpg

This cache has a mystery owner and we are trying to get this little guy back to the proper owner.

If you can help this Golden Bear get back home he would be VERY GRATEFUL!

I am guessing someone here in the Everett area has run across this bear while Geo Caching. So if you can give us a clue as to the cache or the owner... We and the Bear would Thank You! :unsure:

Thanks for your help

4chin Seeker

I'm gearing up for the big *500* and seeking cache nominations. I'd like a nice scenic cache in the mountains, a good hike but not necessarily 5 stars. Being fairly new to the area, I've done almost no caches in the mountains, except Snow Lake and Gem Lake. So, Cascades, Olympics, Ranier, et al. - all fair game.

I'm thinking of doing #500 next weekend (June 12 or 13), and I'm looking for a few companions - maybe others ready to get a milestone cache? If there's interest, once we decide location, I could make it an event cache (I hope not 30 people, tho, like Ridin the Iron Horse!). Maybe a nice celebration afterward at a nearby brewery (or at least eatery).

Suggestions for location, date, companions, activities....all welcomed.

hydnsek