Eastside cachers

Pepper

16 hours of non-stop caching!

Up at 4:30AM gone by 5AM 35 caches later myself and Mrs. Team IAG are back at home by 10:30PM.

I think that's my all time high for a non-cache machine day.

Wow what a day!

DNF's we will not talk about, so there!

Good night all. :D

Pepper

Dream cache is no longer virgin!!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...23-069de6abf486

Congrats to Criminal! In a personal email to me, it was apparent he had to dig hte cache out. Buried under snow. We'll see what he says tomorrow. Cool!!!

Went up north today...MT. Vernon, Stanwood, Silvana, etc. 15 of 18 found. Need to go back up and concentrate around the east slopes of Mt. Vernon next time. I've pretty much cleaned up the caches west of I5 to the sound excluding the 5-star terrain ones.

Congrats to Criminal! In a personal email to me, it was apparent he had to dig hte cache out. Buried under snow. We'll see what he says tomorrow. Cool!!!

Went up north today...MT. Vernon, Stanwood, Silvana, etc. 15 of 18 found. Need to go back up and concentrate around the east slopes of Mt. Vernon next time. I've pretty much cleaned up the caches west of I5 to the sound excluding the 5-star terrain ones.

Good job!

Now for the Iceberg Cache on the Fairy Trail... Who's gone do that?

That's incredible! Congrats Crminal!

I protest, Totem Lake. Why are you not trying to feist a straight-jacket on him as well? Are you implying that he's less courageous than I am? :unsure:

What a beautiful weekend we had -- and another one just waiting in the wings. It's great to have summer just around the corner. I actually got Jeff out caching this weekend (he's been buried in work lately), and we had a wonderful time enjoying the sunshine yesterday. :unsure:

I'd been wanting to do Bull Moose's Ferry caches, so we headed to Bremerton for our first visit there -- definitely not the last. I haven't logged these caches yet (need to collect one little piece of information to finish the one that's on the Seattle side), but they are two of my all-time favorites. Bull Moose put a lot of work into these, and you get a ferry ride with some of the most amazing views around. These are good ones to recommend to visitors -- definitely a Puget Sound experience worth having.

Ferry Cache I

Ferry Cache II

It was a great day caching in Bremerton, but dang! the stinging nettles were out in force. I just barely brushed my fingers against a plant yesterday, and they're still numb and sting a bit 24 hours later. Are nettles more toxic with the new growth in early spring?

Cin

(edit: spelling)

Edited by CachinCin

I protest, Totem Lake. Why are you not trying to feist a straight-jacket on him as well? Are you implying that he's less courageous than I am? :unsure:

Well, you're the only one I know that took a chance on a piece of driftwood log to get across a river in 45 degree water. And I know Criminal; to the best of my knowledge, his skills don't include taking unnecessary chances. On top of that... I haven't read his detailed log yet... it was just a brief Found It this morning. I could change my opinion. :)

LOL yah but at $2 p/gal - My Jeep has become pretty expensive to drive and the yard work has suffered long enough to needing something done with it. But no worries... when I'm out doing the occasional cache hunt, I'm really pursuing a different agenda. :P Now to get the appropriate materials and goodies together. :)

LOL yah but at $2 p/gal - My Jeep has become pretty expensive to drive and the yard work has suffered long enough to needing something done with it. But no worries... when I'm out doing the occasional cache hunt, I'm really pursuing a different agenda. :) Now to get the appropriate materials and goodies together. :)

You're complaining about the gas prize and then ridiculing me for driving a log? :P

LOL yah but at $2 p/gal - My Jeep has become pretty expensive to drive and the yard work has suffered long enough to needing something done with it. But no worries... when I'm out doing the occasional cache hunt, I'm really pursuing a different agenda. :P Now to get the appropriate materials and goodies together. :)

I hear that man! As you know, I have a Cherokee and that thing is very gas thirsty! But I love driving it. It's a Jeep Thing!

LOL yah but at $2 p/gal - My Jeep has become pretty expensive to drive and the yard work has suffered long enough to needing something done with it. But no worries... when I'm out doing the occasional cache hunt, I'm really pursuing a different agenda.  :P Now to get the appropriate materials and goodies together.  :D

You're complaining about the gas prize and then ridiculing me for driving a log? :)

...and I wear sensible shoes now too! :D

At $2 per, I'm shelling out $42 for my little ol' GC each fillup. I gotta make that stretch on my limited income.

Now take it for what it's worth... I wasn't criticizing. Take it from the guy getting his head tinkered with. :) You did something incredible out there - and for that, you can be labeled crazy. :D And if you can't enjoy being crazy, then you're having no fun. Being crazy ain't all that bad cuz you know you can go to the edge and stay there while others just shudder in fear.

I'd been wanting to do Bull Moose's Ferry caches, so we headed to Bremerton for our first visit there -- definitely not the last.  I haven't logged these caches yet (need to collect one little piece of information to finish the one that's on the Seattle side), but they are two of my all-time favorites.  Bull Moose put a lot of work into these, and you get a ferry ride with some of the most amazing views around.  These are good ones to recommend to visitors -- definitely a Puget Sound experience worth having.

Glad you liked them!

Coming from the midwest I think the ferries are a pretty cool thing we've got going out here. Even after riding them every day for three years.

I might try and expand the series to Bainbridge and/or Southworth runs this summer.

Edited by Bull Moose
Now take it for what it's worth... I wasn't criticizing. Take it from the guy getting his head tinkered with.  :D  You did something incredible out there - and for that, you can be labeled crazy.  :D  And if you can't enjoy being crazy, then you're having no fun. Being crazy ain't all that bad cuz you know you can go to the edge and stay there while others just shudder in fear.

Oh, it's just that SHMBO read your comment, and happened to agree with you. Yesterday she heard that I almost broke a leg in a rabbit hole at Futility, and as a result I'm grounded now :D

Edited by Shunra
Now take it for what it's worth... I wasn't criticizing. Take it from the guy getting his head tinkered with.  :D  You did something incredible out there - and for that, you can be labeled crazy.  :D  And if you can't enjoy being crazy, then you're having no fun. Being crazy ain't all that bad cuz you know you can go to the edge and stay there while others just shudder in fear.

Oh, it's just that SHMBO read your comment, and happened to agree with you. Yesterday she heard that I almost broke a leg in a rabbit hole at Futility, and as a result I'm grounded now :D

Whoops! Sorry about that!

Whoops! Sorry about that!

My fault - I shouldn't have let her read these sensitive forums over my shoulder.

:D

Wow! Great looking spot. I've never been there. I'll have to take a look at it. What was that EGH, a story someone left? Love the log book and items on the summit!

Yes, somebody left a typewritten note up there. In fact several notes were left by poeple. I took a pic of this one as this was by a mailman so I thought you'd get a kick out of that one. Great hike...you've got to do it! Were you able to read it? I can send you a high resolution image if you want. Just let me know.

Wow! Great looking spot. I've never been there. I'll have to take a look at it. What was that EGH, a story someone left? Love the log book and items on the summit!

Yes, somebody left a typewritten note up there. In fact several notes were left by poeple. I took a pic of this one as this was by a mailman so I thought you'd get a kick out of that one. Great hike...you've got to do it! Were you able to read it? I can send you a high resolution image if you want. Just let me know.

I can barely read it when I put my magnifier up to the screen. It looks like some kind of testimonial.

Congrats to EGH on 1500 at Check the Mail! Nice pictures too!

Way to go EGH!

I've had my eye on that cache for awhile.

I might do it for #300, which is coming up amazingly fast (6 months for 100, 9 months for 150, a year for 200, and looks like 300 will be just 3 months after 200. I going exponential! OK, no one correct my math.)

I was planning on doing "Above the Clouds" for 300, but my St. Helen's permit isn't until 9-11-04. Maybe I'll reschedule that for 400.

Congrats to EGH on 1500 at  Check the Mail!  Nice pictures too!

Way to go EGH!

I've had my eye on that cache for awhile.

I might do it for #300, which is coming up amazingly fast (6 months for 100, 9 months for 150, a year for 200, and looks like 300 will be just 3 months after 200. I going exponential! OK, no one correct my math.)

I was planning on doing "Above the Clouds" for 300, but my St. Helen's permit isn't until 9-11-04. Maybe I'll reschedule that for 400.

Bull Moose,

Definitely consider this baby for one of your milestones!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...1f-e6060b6e5d2a

Been a while since it was hit...i"m the last finder...1.5 years ago...November 2002 Finder before that was May 23 2001

[Definitely consider this baby for one of your milestones!

Been a while since it was hit...i"m the last finder...1.5 years ago...November 2002 Finder before that was May 23 2001

Wow. A 4/4.

I'll definitly keep it in mind. Maybe for my 500th.

Oh mountian summer, hurry up and get here! I was looking at the trail to Shunra's Iceberg Cache on Fairy Trail in one of my hiking books, determining when I could make my FTF bid. The first sentence is: Don't even attempt this trail until mid-August. Arrgh.

[Definitely consider this baby for one of your milestones!

Wow. A 4/4.

I'll definitly keep it in mind. Maybe for my 500th.

Oh mountian summer, hurry up and get here! I was looking at the trail to Shunra's Iceberg Cache on Fairy Trail in one of my hiking books, determining when I could make my FTF bid. The first sentence is: Don't even attempt this trail until mid-August. Arrgh.

Yeah, so when are we going?

Uh. July? B)

Dream Lake was (supposedly) impossible until Aug. This one is more impossible?

Not a lot of hike reports to go by, the last one from July of last year, if that is even the same place.

Don't tell me it's "impossible"..... B)

Edited by Criminal

Uh. July? B)

Dream Lake was (supposedly) impossible until Aug. This one is more impossible?

Not a lot of hike reports to go by, the last one from July of last year, if that is even the same place.

Don't tell me it's "impossible"..... B)

I didn't say it was impossible, I'm just telling you what my book said. It's been pretty reliable, but it is kind of conservative on the "Best times" dates. (I can say that with my vast 2 and a half years of Pacific Northwest hiking experience.)

I figured in late May I'd call around over there and see what conditions really are like. I don't mind snowshoeing in a little ways and then going to work with the avalanche shovel.

Given this year is predicted to produce a drought, it is possible that access date could be earlier. August is the normal time for a good snow year.

It has more to do with the snow that is already there now, though.

A drought is good news. Dormant grass means less mowing and more time for caching.

OK, it's official. I'm sick. B)