Eastside cachers

Pepper

Wow, looks like a lot of century marks this weekend including Bull Moose at No 200. Hey… maybe I could quit my day job and run the Lena as a cruise raft out to Ballinger Island and call it Century Tours or something like that. Ha… in our dreams! Thanks all and congrats all.

Edited by Wienerdog
Gosh darn it I wanted to be with all of ya'll on your milestones!

I wonder how come nobody called?

I would of went out and played!!!!

Congrats all!

Good stories too.

Pepper

The phone works both ways :)

Speaking of playing, is anyone thinking about going over to the "Wading around Marrowstone" event next sunday? It looks like it will be a hoot! I just wish I had some waders.

Congrats to all with their milestones and especially to Jon for the coming bundle of joy!

That Century Tour cruise sure looks tempting. I'd like to book passage for 400.

Actually, I'm looking forward to #394 as a personal milestone. Can anyone guess why?

Congrats to all with their milestones and especially to Jon for the coming bundle of joy!

That Century Tour cruise sure looks tempting. I'd like to book passage for 400.

Actually, I'm looking forward to #394 as a personal milestone. Can anyone guess why?

Hmmmmm....well, here are my wild, stab-in-the-dark attempts:

394 was the number on your favorite matchbox sportscar?

3 + 9 + 4 = 16, which is the lucky number of your best friend's great aunt?

In the year 394, the planets were aligned just perfectly for interstellar communication?

394 was the address of the house where your first crush lived?

Okay, I give....anyone else have guesses? :D:):)

Cin

One glorious day in December, 2002, I went into the Geocaching chat room and proudly announced that a group of us had found a near record (at the time) 37 caches that day at the Bremerton Cache Machine. I wanted to share the excitement of chasing down so many caches with an awesome group of people as well as nearly tripling my find count that day.

It was like casting a worm into the fly-fishing forums. The elitists poo-pooed the event and made me feel as though my finds that day were worth less than lame locationless virtuals even after I had followed the arrow to each place, held the caches in my hands and signed every log book.

Although that was a buzzkill on one of the funnest days I have ever had, it has not stopped me from logging 294 caches while being a cog in more cache machines than anyone, even Travis himself.

So, to those that made me feel bad that day, Number 394 will be my 100th cache without the aid (or fun) of a cache machine event.

On a related note, I am also looking forward to my 300th Cache Machine find later this month in Vancouver.

See ya there!

[

Congrates to MA and Wien..wei..Wienerdawg!

Ok ok ok to know me is to luv me. :o

I can't spell cause I just fell off that there turnup truck, and I anit bothered by the ribben either. :D

Pepper

NO,no! you got it wrong. I'm ribbing myself! Wienerdog and my mis-spelling goes back quite a ways. :D

[

Congrates to MA and Wien..wei..Wienerdawg!

Ok ok ok to know me is to luv me. :D

I can't spell cause I just fell off that there turnup truck, and I anit bothered by the ribben either. :D

Pepper

;):):):)

Guess what Pepper?

EraSeek has been torturing me with the spelling of W-I-E-N-E-R-D-O-G since before I met him.

:o Haven't you Mr. E?

Actually it's all been in fun. I think I just about have him trained now. He is starting to correct other people! :P

There are two ways to spell it. MR and I debated on the spelling in the beginning. It shows up both ways in certain dictionaries. I just tell people that it is the correct way to spell it if you are German (which I am). That is if you are referring to Dachshunds!

Now does everyone know how to spell Dachshund?

Donna

Whoops! I had to edit this because I spelled TORTURING wrong! :)

Edited by Wienerdog

Speaking of playing, is anyone thinking about going over to the "Wading around Marrowstone" event next sunday? It looks like it will be a hoot! I just wish I had some waders.

Hubby and I are thinking of going over there and join in on this one. It looks like a ton of fun! We havn't been on that side of the pond in a very long time.

We are a deff. maybe. [:rolleyes:]

Og

I thought about doing the wading event, since it looks like such a blast, but I'm not really sure what sort of thing I need. Do I get hip waders or Wellingtons?

Cin (who lived in the arid regions of Wyoming and New Mexico most of her life, and is feeling water-knowledge-challenged)

I thought about doing the wading event, since it looks like such a blast, but I'm not really sure what sort of thing I need.  Do I get hip waders or Wellingtons?

Cin (who lived in the arid regions of Wyoming and New Mexico most of her life, and is feeling water-knowledge-challenged)

I beleive he said the water should be about knee deep in places. It all depends on how lucky we are at choosing a route.

If I recall, the water is the same temp winter/spring/summer, it doesn't matter.

To bad he didn't wait until next month, as there will be a -1.6' tide instead of this months -0.6'. Every little bit helps :rolleyes:

Edited by Right Wing Wacko

If I recall, the water is the same temp winter/spring/summer, it doesn't matter.

Yeah - 45-50 degrees. Wear some big woolie socks to help keep you warm. Bring along hot chocolate or coffee. And those pocket warmers.

Even with standard wading boots, without the proper attention to the chill factor, you will begin to feel the effects of heat theft within half an hour at that temperature.

Hey Criminal... Here's something that'll help us keep up with EGH! It's called a BLEEX.

very funny, TL :-)

Seriously though...interesting stuff you linked. Cool!

:unsure: Funny! I know what you mean!

This might work for you guys too.

I already told EGH if we go hiking next summer he has two choices:

1. I get to be the one in front.

OR

2. I am going to find the heaviest fishing line available and attach a reel on my belt. When he gets to far ahead I'll just reel him back in!

He loves fishing you know! He's just never been on the other end of the line. :lol:

:lol: Mrs. Wienerdog

Edited by Wienerdog
I thought about doing the wading event, since it looks like such a blast, but I'm not really sure what sort of thing I need.  Do I get hip waders or Wellingtons?

I beleive he said the water should be about knee deep in places. It all depends on how lucky we are at choosing a route.

To bad he didn't wait until next month, as there will be a -1.6' tide instead of this months -0.6'. Every little bit helps :unsure:

:lol: We would sure like to go just to be in the company of other cachers and of course, enjoy another EraSeek cache.

But I just don't have the boots for that kind of water right now. We definitely will want to go sometime. Maybe when the tide is lower.

I'm a freeze baby anyway. I'm just now getting out caching after the winter :lol:

Have a good time and be sure and post some pictures!

Donna