Eastside cachers

Pepper

quote:
Originally posted by TotemLake:

Congrats on your win of the geo-staff Moun10Bike!

Cheers!

TL

Good morning all, I just wanted to say to Moun10bike I voted for your avatar in the Free Staff Contest. Happy to see you will getting a staff from El Diablo, your bike will great on a stick.

Well I guess I will just have to buy one which is really no problem I've been wanting one for over a year now. Maybe for Christmas.

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Horizontals where it's at!

The Peanut Butter Brigade had a great time up near Mt. Vernon today. We celebrated two milestones: Pepper's 700th Cache and Lucy's Birthday!

073103h.jpg

While at a nearby cache, we just had to stop to take a photo for Moun10bike. You won't be able to use your walking staff on this trail!

073103s.jpg

Thanks, Marcus, for getting us out for some spectacular views. We had a great time today!

Cin

top photo: Pepper, Lucy, Cin

bottom photo: Pepper, Donna, Lucy

Congrat on your 700th Pepper! Happy Birthday, Lucy!!! Looks like I need to visit that cache!

Put a box out today...I was going to do Snow/Gem Lakes, but a girl at the trailhead with the Forest Service tells me the trail is closed for a few more hours so I decided to WaldenRun L&Rs micros up on the skilifts, but gave up after the first one.

Went over to Franklin Falls and put the box there. I'll post a link when it's approved. Should be easy to do. I'll get Gem planted next week.

Took a try at Mtnmutt's 4.5 terrain by Mt. Si...he's not lying man!!! Almost vertical slopes full of blackberry vines...got within 300 feet, but turned around in better judgement as it was closing in on 6 pm and people think i'm at Snow Lake. The cache is called Yep, it's up there. Long pants are mandatory and work gloves are a great idea for handholds on vines.

Thanks EGH and TotemLake we had off the wall fun today. EGH the PBB also placed a cache today and I think Cindy is working on the page tonight. Today was full of nice trails, great views, Yummie Peanut Butter Pound Cake, and the best company a girl could ask for.

Hoping Lucy had a great B-Day we enjoyed spending it with her and to top it off doing what we the love most CACHING!!!

I really need to log some caches now.

Oh and Moun10Bike we found the perfect spot for ya the sign even said so!

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

Thanks EGH and TotemLake we had off the wall fun today. EGH the PBB also placed a cache today and I think Cindy is working on the page tonight. Today was full of nice trails, great views, Yummie Peanut Butter Pound Cake, and the best company a girl could ask for.

Hoping Lucy had a great B-Day we enjoyed spending it with her and to top it off doing what we the love most CACHING!!!

I really need to log some caches now.

Oh and Moun10Bike we found the perfect spot for ya the sign even said so!

Pepper

http://www.geocachingwa.org

Boy, I could use a slice of that PB Pound Cake...sounds very delicious! I love regular pound cake anyway. Sometimes like to have it with coffee in the morning.

quote:
Originally posted by evergreenhiker!:

Boy, I could use a slice of that PB Pound Cake...sounds very delicious! I love regular pound cake anyway. Sometimes like to have it with coffee in the morning.

We-eeeel, there's been some talk about getting you out with the Peanut Butter Brigade one of these days. Last week, while I was munching on my bagel with peanutbutter/peppercheese/lettuce, I told the others about your preference for PB&Bacon sandwiches. No one laughed -- we all approve. icon_smile.gif

I understand you haven't done the Monte Cristo caches yet, and that looks like a great hike (with 3 caches to be had!). You just have to promise not to walk so fast you leave us behind eating your dust, and we promise to bring pound cake (or something equally cin-ful).

Cin

quote:
Originally posted by CachinCin:

quote:

We-eeeel, there's been some talk about getting you out with the Peanut Butter Brigade one of these days. Last week, while I was munching on my bagel with peanutbutter/peppercheese/lettuce, I told the others about your preference for PB&Bacon sandwiches. No one laughed -- we all approve. icon_smile.gif

I understand you haven't done the Monte Cristo caches yet, and that looks like a great hike (with 3 caches to be had!). You just have to promise not to walk so fast you leave us behind eating your dust, and we promise to bring pound cake (or something equally cin-ful).

Cin

Sounds good!

Evergreenhiker said:

quote:

Sounds good!

So when are we going John?????? You do know you must bring a Peanut Butter Sandwich with you don't you? I can be any kind of bread with anything on it. It's base must be Peanut Butter!

I just got home from out wonderful day. Lucy and I went out to dinner afterwards. We are both stuffed and sleepy.

Congrats. Moun10bike. Did you see the trail we found for you?

So Mr. EGH when are we going? I want to grab the 3 new LucyandRickie caches in that area also!

Do you think you could stand being with 4 crazy woman? We have VERY interesting conversations.'Now girls we are going to have to be on our best behavior and watch our language, we have a very nice man with us today'

When did you say we are going? icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Wienerdog:

Evergreenhiker said:

quote:

Sounds good!

So when are we going John?????? You do know you must bring a Peanut Butter Sandwich with you don't you? I can be any kind of bread with anything on it. It's base must be Peanut Butter!

I just got home from out wonderful day. Lucy and I went out to dinner afterwards. We are both stuffed and sleepy.

Congrats. Moun10bike. Did you see the trail we found for you?

So Mr. EGH when are we going? I want to grab the 3 new LucyandRickie caches in that area also!

Do you think you could stand being with 4 crazy woman? We have VERY interesting conversations.'Now girls we are going to have to be on our best behavior and watch our language, we have a very nice man with us today'

When did you say we are going? icon_rolleyes.gif

My PB sandwiches are with Jiffy Smooth and Bacon Bits and usually on whole wheat bread.

Yeah, those L&R boxes sound good too.

Being in the company of, in your terms, 4 crazy ladies, doesn't faze me a bit. I'll enjoy being with you all in the great outdoors.

Cin didn't mention any dates. I'm assuming it will be like on a Thursday or something as that seems to be the day you guys usually go caching.

Glad you had a great day!

Evergreenhiker! said about his sandwich:

quote:

My PB sandwiches are with Jiffy Smooth and Bacon Bits and usually on whole wheat bread.

Okay, that sounds strange enough to me. You will do just fine. If you would of said 'I like PB and Jelly on white bread'. I probably would of thought....this guy is strange! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Peanut Butter Brigade:

While at a nearby cache, we just had to stop to take a photo for Moun10bike. You won't be able to use your walking staff on this trail!

icon_biggrin.gif

I hope that you'll let me tag along with the PBB someday. Work will prevent me from doing so most of the time, but I suppose I should be thankful - I just escaped the first round of layovers that my group has ever had! icon_eek.gif

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

I hope that you'll let me tag along with the PBB someday. Work will prevent me from doing so most of the time, but I suppose I should be thankful - I just escaped the first round of layovers that my group has ever had! icon_eek.gif

YES! Of course you can come with us sometime MTB! icon_biggrin.gif But as we told EGH, you must bring a PB sandwich AND we need to know what your recipie is icon_wink.gif.

About work. I have always had more people pounding at my door wanting me to contract for them. I run my business out of my home. This is the first time in my whole life in this profession that I don't have a contract! icon_frown.gif

Everyone you talk to is being effected by the economy, they themselves or someone they know. I have a caching buddy that is a professional in her field. She is feeling it also!

We will hope and pray this doesn't effect you!

EDIT: Dang! Is there a way to run a spell check on the forums?

You know you have a sickness when a little part of you actually hopes that the layoffs hit you so that you can have some extra time for caching! icon_redface.gif

Seriously, though, I am very thankful to still have a job. Of course, the type of layoffs we had would likely have meant that I would have moved to a new group and taken on a completely different set of responsibilities, but it would still would have involved interviews and the chance of being SOJ. Although the freedom to enjoy more time out-of-doors this summer would have been great, the stress from lack of income wouldn't have been worth it.

I know what you mean about the state of the economy. This state is what, second in the nation in unemployment now? I sure hope it turns around SOON.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Wienerdog:

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

YES! Of course you can come with us sometime MTB! icon_biggrin.gif But as we told EGH, you must bring a PB sandwich AND we need to know what your recipie is icon_wink.gif.

About work. I have always had more people pounding at my door wanting me to contract for them. I run my business out of my home. This is the first time in my whole life in this profession that I don't have a contract! icon_frown.gif

Everyone you talk to is being effected by the economy, they themselves or someone they know. I have a caching buddy that is a professional in her field. She is feeling it also!

We will hope and pray this doesn't effect you!

EDIT: Dang! Is there a way to run a spell check on the forums?

I use Quickspell, a free download from http://www.fornada.com/html/home.html

It checks your spelling on just about everthing that you type on.

OOh that sounds and look cool! I wonder if I can convince the family to take a trip there for a dip.

On another subject, if you want to tour the navy ships in town for Seafair you have to get a pass several hours in advance at pier 66. They're actually docked by Magnolia at about pier 91. At least it shouldn't be crowded since it's a bit of a hassle.

Mark

quote:

Let's see if you can nock him out in the first round! REst of us took several trips to do this one.

Pepper and I drove around the lake once, but we never actually got out of the car...so I suppose that doesn't count as our first round. icon_razz.gif

Now that the heat wave seems to be over, we'll have to get our our magnifying glasses and start investigating.

Cin

quote:
Originally posted by CachinCin:

quote:

Let's see if you can nock him out in the first round! REst of us took several trips to do this one.

Pepper and I drove around the lake once, but we never actually got out of the car...so I suppose that doesn't count as our first round. icon_razz.gif

Now that the heat wave seems to be over, we'll have to get our our magnifying glasses and start investigating.

Cin

Nope...you'll be starting at the first round. Might want to bring Leatherman's tools of the trade though.

I see the weather has relented to the point where there are a few operational brains among you again.

I must say that I never expected to experience such schadenfreude. It was especially gratifying when vds required twenty minutes to find the cache after the final misstep.

I only hope the rest of you will be as honest, forthright... and pathetic with your tales of woe.

As for the PBB and any other gangs that think there is strength in numbers, I hope to receive enough notice to send out my brother, Dr. Neil E. L. Bad, to observe and report back on the tribulation that gives me so much pleasure.

- Dr. Bad

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Nellie Bad:

I see the weather has relented to the point where there are a few operational brains among you again.

I must say that I never expected to experience such schadenfreude. It was especially gratifying when vds required twenty minutes to find the cache after the final misstep.

I only hope the rest of you will be as honest, forthright... and pathetic with your tales of woe.

As for the PBB and any other gangs that think there is strength in numbers, I hope to receive enough notice to send out my brother, Dr. Neil E. L. Bad, to observe and report back on the tribulation that gives me so much pleasure.

- Dr. Bad

Oh my sweet Nellie,

It's not the strength in numbers ..... It's a matter of these being good kind people. I NEVER hate anyone Nellie dear. A couple of gentle hugs and kind word to stroke your poor little broken ego is just what you need! We love you SO much!

Why don't you put down those barriers of Evil and come on over to the happy side of life.

Find something to be glad about! Then you won't look like this icon_mad.gif. You can look like this icon_smile.gif sweetie-pie. Now let me see those pearly whites. icon_biggrin.gif

Hugs and kisses,

Miss Goody Two Shoes

Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she'll conquer the world! ~Marilyn Monroe

I saw in your log that you found the upper falls...never knew about them! Gonna have to check them out. yeah, it's a popular area and there was a cache there last summer by Donman007...one of his 20 or so planet/astronomy series, but he suddenly quit caching and pulled all his caches...don't know why. His hide was just past the junction towards the falls.

Took me a couple hours to find ohnly to find that EraSeek beat me to it for Firsties. Oh well.