Eastside cachers

Pepper

Hi ya'll well it's time for me to start a thread for the Eastside cachers. When I left CA I also left behind a very active local thread (SF Bay Area Cachers). Thru that thread myself and many, many others posted to almost on a daily basis. I made many lasting friendships and got alot of education along the way. These forums are where I'm comfortable, so we shall see it flies up here like it did down south.

Now on to the news of the day.

Today was my first caching adventure with CachinCin and it turned out to be a good one. Not one DNF and for me that's a first up here and it felt good. Looks like Cindy and I will be the dastardly duo caching on many Thursdays to come. Really we girls can do this just as well you fellers.

We did manage to do a Dr. U cache and find it the first time out and as far as I can tell that's something to speak of in these parts.

Fun, Fun, Fun while the hubbies were at work.

Well that's all the news for today more caching tomorrow brings more war stories.

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

Hi Pepper,

It can be soggy there for sure, but that becomes a different aspect of the sport. Good folks up there though, I met Beefcider in Lacey WA while introducing my daughter Alison to the sport.

Heres a joke I heard in Finland though it applies to your situation;

In Washington it never rains two days in a row....

There is always night inbetween..... icon_smile.gif

(I Just realized I already told you that joke, sorry, I am currently in New Hampshire and I think I am starting to go "senior" on myself)

Congrats on the 300 mark Pepper!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

[This message was edited by montythemule on March 29, 2003 at 06:57 AM.]

Pepper's talking about the "eastside" suburbs area of Seattle, so the east side of Lake Washington.

She's new to the state, and just yesterday I told her this area was referred to as eastside (even our phone books!). My fault for not letting her know that there's also a bit of a division between the east side and west side of Washington. Pepper, this is similar to north vs. south California.

Cindy (who lived in Pullman for two years before moving to Redmond on the eastside of Seattle, but the west side of the state....and hopes to get back to the Palouse for some geocaching soon!)

[This message was edited by CachinCin on March 29, 2003 at 08:12 AM.]

Congratulations, Pepper, for 400 finds. I suppose by summer you will get back in the grove?

Do they take advantage of all the water ways around Puget Sound? I was thinking of a micro cache on a ferry boat. I guess you would need two coordinates and a lot of hints. I bet it would be easy to do a low tide only cache. What a great place to play. I think you are lucky to live in the Northwest.

Well. I'm out of here. Someone has hidden a regular sized cache on the banks of the arroyo near Pleasanton so I better go snag it before it washes away (Yeah, like next January.). I am really tired of film canisters. I want something I can see!

Well I see some of my friends down south found me and decided to say hi, Thanks ya'll.

Hotfoot-I received the card with the log notes from PoohBox I needed those warm fuzzy's. As far as caches go that you can't see well all I can say is stay away from Redmond or you'll go blind!

Been out caching all day and what a day it has been. I did manage to place one, but will not post it untill I take some more readings I think that's a must around the parts.

War story: After I finished doing 'The Shaper' I gathered up the twins and headed back to the car. When I got there that's when I found out I was LOCKED OUT! D#$m not again. I called for help ($85) worth of help and after a thirty minute wait we were on our way to 'Oy to the world'. All of a sudden Nikki yell's MOM I left my GBAdvanced on the picnic table at the Winery. Back in the car and off the we go when we arrive back at the winery it was nowhere to be found, except we got lucky the security guard found and gave it back to us. Now that turned out better than expected so all that was left to do was find 'Oy to the world', go home and explain to the husband about the car, which obviously I had not learned my lesson.

Another day in the life of Pepper

Still all in all it was a fun day.

Pepper

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on March 29, 2003 at 08:27 PM.]

Plese somebody out there I need help.

I am trying to do 'Y Redmond Ridge?' and I have no clue what the Redmond Ridge side is. I ask some folks while I was driving around and nobody seemed to be able to help.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Pepper

Me too -- I must have been websurfing at the same time as evergreenhiker.

I was going to give you some directions, Pepper, but you're just too speedy!

cindy

icon_confused.gif P.S. How the heck do you get those nifty icons set up beneath your names on the left? I uploaded an avatar image to my modify account page, but that doesn't seem to have done anything.

Cindy hope this answers your question.

First, go to your " My Cache Page"

Click on "Change your account information"

Enter your password.

Scroll down to: "Photo (JPG files only)

Choose a photo for yourself. If you haven't uploaded any images yet, you can do so now."

Click on "do so now"

Browse and choose you picture. Resize the picture so it is smaller than 100k.

Upload the picture.

After you upload your picture you log out and log back in.

Then you go back to "My Cache Page" and scroll down to this: Your Avatar Image (JPG files only)

An avatar is a small photo that represents you in the forums.

This image will be resized to 75 pixels wide.

Choose the picture for the avatar, then log out and log back in. Then your avatar will show up.

Loggin out and back in is the only way for the change to occur.

Pepper

Cindy your Avatar is working just find now, glad I could help. I beleive that's what the forums are for Fun & Education.

George yeah, yeah I remember when also, but I've come a long way since then thanks to the local threads and friends. Although I don't think that's an entirely accurate statement. I knew how to log on just not much mnore.

GeorgeandMary, one more time congrats on the hitting 1000! BTW what gift was waiting for you in your 1000th cache.

Pepper

Question, is there going to be an event for CITO on April 26th here in our area.(Redmond and surroundings)

Or do we just go out and do our share either way works for the twins and myself.

We don't know the area to well yet so any suggestions on an area that needs attentions would be helpful.

Thanks

Pepper

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on April 01, 2003 at 05:44 PM.]

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on April 01, 2003 at 05:46 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

BTW what gift was waiting for you in your 1000th cache.

Pepper

Oh, bthomas left $1 and joked that if the next 999 visitors each left a dollar then I would get $1000 cash. Death thought the whole cache was for me so he left another $5 and didn't sign the log book. I don't think he got it. I'm going to email him to go back to sign the book.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:

Question, is there going to be an event for CITO on April 26th here in our area.(Redmond and surroundings)

Or do we just go out and do our share either way works for the twins and myself.

We don't know the area to well yet so any suggestions on an area that needs attentions would be helpful.

Thanks

Pepper

Hey Pepper -- I haven't seen anything about CITO stuff going on in Washington. I do see that the WSGA meeting has this on its agenda for next week, but I won't be able to attend (just too long of a drive to make during rush hour, plus Jeff is taking a class that meets at that time).

I'd love to have a CITO event over here on the eastside. Perhaps someone who goes to the meeting can report back to us? (evergreenhiker, will you be heading down there?) If there's nothing going on here, we can try to find a spot that could use some help.

The spots I know of that could use some trashing out aren't in state or city parks. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good spot to clean up?

Cindy

Ok folks I know there are a few cachers out there that have yet to find 'Die Kunst Der Fuge(The Art of the Fugue)' myself included. It is driving me CRAZY so here's my question.

Is anybody out there willing to join me this weekend.

Lets see, I know of a few who have tried and not gone back. Anybody willing to step and join me sometime this weekend to give it one more shot. Surly lots of heads are better than one!

cooperdog, MarcuArelius, hydnsek, flamedog00, Cachingcin, BlankJeff what's up lets find this darn thang.

Pepper

quote:
Anybody willing to step and join me sometime this weekend to give it one more shot. Surly lots of heads are better than one!

cooperdog, MarcuArelius, hydnsek, flamedog00, Cachingcin, BlankJeff what's up lets find this darn thang.

Jeff and I will be out geocaching tomorrow, probably late morning into the afternoon. We'd love to meet you (and anyone else) at the (Supergenius #1Kunst der Fuge cache) for a big search. We'll several new ones in the area, including yours!

Suggest a time and we'll be there!

We're also reattempting the Ufo Koska multi-cache The Last Resort while we look for Lucyand rickie's easier one in the same park. Have you gotten his multi yet?

Cindy (who had to edit this message 3 or 4 times because the silly edit window kept closing on her)

[This message was edited by CachinCin on April 04, 2003 at 05:49 PM.]

[This message was edited by CachinCin on April 04, 2003 at 05:55 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by OlyHippy:

When people talk about the eastside I assume they are speaking about the better half of the state. Pullman, Spokane, Walla Walla, etc.

*g* apologies to our better half! Pepper, is there any way to rename a forum? Perhaps something like "Eastside, King County"?

I am good for just about any time and ready to attempt Mr. Dr U evil what's his name very evil, mean, nasty, caches. heehee

As for starting a whole new thread makes me no difference one way or the other.

Pepper

Shoot it's 12 now. I don't usually bother with the forums (see no avitar) but this sounds fun.

Oh wait, I remember this one, they could be there for hours!

Marcus

I got there too late and spent another 45 minutes of fruitless searching. Oh well back to Uncle Sam's extortion.

[This message was edited by MarcusArelius on April 05, 2003 at 02:13 PM.]

MarcusArelius sorry to have missed ya. Myself, cooperdog, cachinCin, and BlankJeff all showed up and I am very sad/mad to report we had no luck either.

Hmmmm... I'm just wondering is that leatherman feller came and got it before we arrived and sat back and watched us all look! icon_wink.gif

All kidden aside That makes my 4th or 5th try, I've lost count.

Now off to a cache I know I can find, that will make me feel all better.

Pepper

MarcusArelius, sorry to have missed you (twice today!). We searched for a while, but had absolutely no luck. It sure was fun to be out with a group of fellow geocachers -- and we got to meet cooperdog too!

You should have seen Little Lila -- she took care of Aurie, and went running over to her mom every time little hands were needed. icon_smile.gif

We ended up doing a day of micros, then hiding our own (MSmicrocache, which should appear on the eastside radar soon).

You know, we should do this more often -- plan a big raid on a tough cache.

Cindy

quote:
Originally posted by lucyandrickie:

We drove by today about 1:00 hoping to pull a Quayside but there were no cachers in sight. We're looking to make a few extra buck selling nudges[icon_biggrin.gif]. Oh, cash transactions only.

I was thinking of doing the same thing! Anyway, decided to put out a micro instead. It should be listed by the morning. Kenmore area.

quote:

_L & R_ i've spent soooo much time on that cache i'm broke.

I wonder how many times a girl can look before she has to ask somebody to throw her a bone.

Pepper

Tsk, tsk. I was nice and helped you out with Tenebrous and Macbeth, because you're from CA and are probably still in recovery, but I don't think you should come to expect people to help you out EVERY TIME you search for one of my caches.

In any case, LucyandRickie know that I will know if they give you hints. I'd hate to have to send the cats off to my friend Stradivarius for a little well-tempered visit - it might stretch them to their limits! So no hints from L&R! No hints from anyone else, either, or the next cache will contain puzzles designed specifically to torment the hint givers!

Remember, Tenebrous and Macbeth were just teasers. The Art of the Fugue is designed specifically to drive you into a state of catatonic despair.

Is it working?

Bwa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa!

Regards,

Dr. Ufo Koska, Evil Super Genius

P.S. - if you think Art of the Fugue and The Last Resort are bad, wait for the next one. I've been saving a few particularly fiendish ideas just for this spring. Time to buy stock in sedative and headache remedy manufacturers!

P.P.S - Horizontal may be where it's at, but I control the vertical and the horizontal. Now, the whole world is my oyster! (except for the months with 'r's in them)

Dear Dr. Kosca,

Play nice. Your threats against L&R's poor little kitties are so mean. I will have to place them under my watchful guard. Do not dispare Pepper, goodness always wins.

???

P.S. Dr., you are not the only one with plans for the spring. I am devising a special event that will lure you, Mr. Evil, and Eve out of your dark dungeons and expose you to all.

quote:
Originally posted by ???:

???

P.S. Dr., you are not the only one with plans for the spring. I am devising a special event that will lure you, Mr. Evil, and Eve out of your dark dungeons and expose you to all.

A real event, I wanna come and play, how fun!

Pepper

quote:

Hmmmm... I'm just wondering is that leatherman feller came and got it before we arrived and sat back and watched us all look! icon_wink.gif

Take the cache, NO. Sit back and watch you crawl around,YES.roflmao.gif

I think of myself as the evil Dr's Nemesis. Maybe some of his twisted humor has rubbed off on me.

39197_2100.gif

Do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Ufo Koska:

quote:

_L & R_ i've spent soooo much time on that cache i'm broke.

I wonder how many times a girl can look before she has to ask somebody to throw her a bone.

Pepper

Tsk, tsk. I was nice and helped you out with Tenebrous and Macbeth, because you're from CA and are probably still in recovery, but I don't think you should come to expect people to help you out EVERY TIME you search for one of my caches.

In any case, LucyandRickie know that I will know if they give you hints. I'd hate to have to send the cats off to my friend Stradivarius for a little well-tempered visit - it might stretch them to their limits! So no hints from L&R! No hints from anyone else, either, or the next cache will contain puzzles designed specifically to torment the hint givers!

Remember, Tenebrous and Macbeth were just teasers. The Art of the Fugue is designed specifically to drive you into a state of catatonic despair.

Is it working?

Bwa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa!

Regards,

P.S. - if you think Art of the Fugue and The Last Resort are bad, wait for the next one. I've been saving a few particularly fiendish ideas just for this spring. Time to buy stock in sedative and headache remedy manufacturers!

P.P.S - Horizontal may be where it's at, but _I_ control the vertical _and_ the horizontal. Now, the whole world is my oyster! (except for the months with 'r's in them)

Brint it on, Doctor.Looking forward to the next EVIL CACHE!

quote:
Originally posted by ???:

Dear Dr. Kosca,

Play nice. Your threats against L&R's poor little kitties are so mean. I will have to place them under my watchful guard. Do not dispare Pepper, goodness always wins.

???

Play nice? Play nice? You are kidding, right? You are supposed to be an invincible opponent of the insidious forces of evil, and the best you can up with to stop me is an admonition to play nice? Ha, ha, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

re: special event to lure me out - will this be along the lines of your 'Evil Overlook' cache, where those pathetic, good for nothing do gooders kodak's4 had to stock the cache with trinkets for you, because you were so frightened by your proximity to the influence of the Evil Super Genius Society that you got rattled and left them out? Hoo, hoo. Wow, that had me quaking in my boots. Let me tell you, that cache really had the ESGS worried! We were all worried that we would fall over from laughing!

Face it. By this summer, I will be safely in residence at my new, super-secret and unlocatable super evil super secret hide out. I've got you all so frustrated that you're

resorting to sticking pins in voodoo dolls to try to stop me!

Yesterday, FIVE geocachers were stumped at The Art of the Fugue. Quayside would never have found The Last Resort if those 'nice' traitors LucyAndRickie hadn't given out hints. I think we can safely say that the forces of good are on the run!

Let me give you one more reason to worry - the ESGS has secretly recruited several geocachers among the ranks of the 'good always triumphs over evil' crowd. Working from the inside under the evil control of the ESGS, these covert agents will surely bring about the downfall of all you love and cherish about geocaching!

Be afraid! Bwa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Regards,

Dr. UKESG I've got several pins for ya! icon_razz.gif

Anybody out there wanna make a date for ohhhh, maybe next weekend to tackle "The Last Resort" with me. I have only succeded in finding stage one. Darn now I'm in the middle of two of his evil, mean, nasty, caches.

I NEED A BAYER!!

Pepper

Hey Pepper...

Time for me to put another smile on your face !

For those of you who mourn the loss of the icon which allows you to see a cacher's geocaching.com profile (not the forum profile) try this:

Click on the forum poster's name above the picture on the left side of the post.

When the drop down box comes up, click on *see posts by this cacher* (or words to that effect).

When a list of forum posts comes up, click on the person's name on the right side of the page.

This brings up the forum poster's *real* profile. Not as convenient as the old one step icon approach, but it works and is especially useful for cachers who are unknown to you.

Enjoy!

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

Hi Ron thaks for the info.

Glad to see ya stopped in for a visit been missing you folks down south.

I see you've been kicking back lately, have you put down the GPS and picked up that dusty old golf club.

Ron I thought you were the evil one, but let me tell ya there is one real BIG Evil Super Genius up here and it's not me!

Pepper

Pepper...

Well, as a matter of fact, I AM playing golf tomorrow, but I DID find two caches just 11 miles away today!

Overall I have cut back a lot from the days when I would cache 3 or 4 days a week and would make trips to find 20 or so a day.

I think I have reached the point when finding film containters is losing it's appeal. I'll slowly work my way up to 1,000 and see what happens after that.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

Well another Thursday caching with CachinCin and we did great not one DNF!

Yep we got one of one, pretty darn good I think. Well that may not be altogether true cause we did stop and give 'The Art of the Fugue' another try, but that does not count.

I must say we truly enjoyed doing 'Kirkland Sculpture Walk - Pieces of the Puzzle #4, what fun.

Of course now that I home on the computer the Sun comes out...go figure.

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif