Eastside cachers

Pepper

Glad to hear you're beginning to feel better. I've been feeling really guilty since getting a copy of your post. I'm very happy it didn't wind up worse. It would have been devastating to have you seriously hurt on one of my stupid little hides. Hopefully you can look back on it and laugh . In your place, it would take me a long time to forget it.

Thanks for the well wishes! I am doing fine, although it was difficult to sleep last night due to unbearable itching from the multitude of stings. I saw the doctor today and he gave me a shot of cortisone and a prescription for some heavy-duty antihistamines. Hopefully they'll work!

I know just how you feel! I was caching down in Oregon a few weeks ago, and stepped on a wasp's nest and got about a dozen stings on my legs. I was in agony for days - first pain, then the itching and swelling! Couldn't sleep at night, either. Sounds like you got it worse, tho, so am glad to hear you are feeling better.

Recovered from my incident....then last weekend, I was down near Rainier to get a cache....stepped on ANOTHER wasp nest on the approach. This time I had on thicker pants and saw them quicker - ran away in a panic (remembering....). No stings fortunately....decided to bag the cache even tho I was only 40 ft away (them was some angry bees) and hightailed it back to the car .25 mi away. Got into the car, felt something wiggling on my neck - a wasp! Don't know why he hadn't stung me, but squished and tossed him quick, and got out of there!

I didn't know the Northwest had so many ground wasps! I guess I was just lucky not to encounter them my first two years here.

I'm still here. I appeared in court again this morning. The prosecutor agrees that this is "a unique case". The case has been continued until October 19th to give my lawyer time to meet privately with him. As I have been saying, they all now agree that the case hinges on how the term 'obscene' is interpreted in the law. On October 19th we will petition to have the case dismissed. I'll start a forum topic when I have something to post. For now it's hurry up and wait. If we go to trial, I was thinking about making it an Event Cache. :)

Nudecacher

....I saw this at Wapiti Woolies and thought of you.... B)

205ff3b9-d138-485d-97b9-fc9fb9a6ce9b.jpg

What's up with this? On the Way to Florence Rae A M10B coin posted for two days and no logs? :P Between work, family commitments, questionable hiking skills, and the fact that my wife read the cache description, I've half killed my desperation. <_< The bigger factor was my assumption that there were a dozen teams on the way up the mountain the first night. If no one's going for it, my internal tension won't resolve and I might do something reckless. :P Good Gawd y'all!!

ok y'all Monday night if you have no plans myself, L&R and the IAG clan will be hanging out at the Waimea Brewing Co. in Kirkland between the hours of 6:30 and 8:30 PM. If ya wanna come out and say hi that would be GREAT!

coords are N47 40.558 W122 12.454

If I don't get to say hi at the CM it would sure be nice to hi on Monday.

Pepper

ok y'all Monday night if you have no plans myself, L&R and the IAG clan will be hanging out at the Waimea Brewing Co. in Kirkland between the hours of 6:30 and 8:30 PM. If ya wanna come out and say hi that would be GREAT!

coords are N47 40.558 W122 12.454

If I don't get to say hi at the CM it would sure be nice to hi on Monday.

Pepper

I will be there Monday and looking forward to it!

She's Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!

d9728d41-de77-4ddd-81a9-817baa16a02b.jpg

...and so is this thread!!!!

She looks like a drowned rat. :( Must have been caching in Bellingham on Saturday. :huh: There was a lot of that look going around. :(

Actually if I recognise that picture correctly that looks like a cache called Lets Play Cache that is in west Seattle. It is right next to a really interesting set of solstis stones.

Sigh...........!

I spotted this thread and, briefly, thought it might be for cachers in Eastern Washington, but I've lived here long enough to know better. The "East side" doesn't mean Spokane, Yakima, Wenatchee, Ellensburg or even Cle Elem (maybe North Bend? (maybe not)). I think it was the number of replies that gave it away.

In any case I recognized some names, of a few people that I've actually met in person, so I thought I would extend greetings from the (far) Eastside.

Cheers! :unsure:

Sigh...........!

I spotted this thread and, briefly, thought it might be for cachers in Eastern Washington, but I've lived here long enough to know better. The "East side" doesn't mean Spokane, Yakima, Wenatchee, Ellensburg or even Cle Elem (maybe North Bend? (maybe not)). I think it was the number of replies that gave it away.

In any case I recognized some names, of a few people that I've actually met in person, so I thought I would extend greetings from the (far) Eastside.

In this case, it's the East side of Lake Washington. This thread sure has fallen flat since Pepper moved to Texas!

Aw, the (near) Eastsiders just seem to have forgotten about this nice little thread for a while. You (far) Eastsiders need to start your own local gabfest thread. And we (near) Eastsiders need to get back on the ball and keep this one active.

What? You think 10 months between posts is not active.

Sigh...........!

In this case, it's the East side of Lake Washington. This thread sure has fallen flat since Pepper moved to Texas!

The milestone congratulations thread kind of bowled over all other threads.

Sigh...........!

Cheers! :(

I think Pepper hadn't been here long when she created the forum title so she didn't realize it wouldn't mean the same thing to "non-Seattlelites". The dry-sideres did start up their own thread after that called the Cache-cadians

Edited by MarcusArelius

Sigh...........!

Cheers! :anicute:

I think Pepper hadn't been here long when she created the forum title so she didn't realize it wouldn't mean the same thing to "non-Seattlelites". The dry-sideres did start up their own thread after that called the Cache-cadians

My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I posted this. I heard expression "Eastside" years ago and I never get tired of (gently) teasing my Seattle friends about it whenever I hear it. It was really just an excuse to say hi to some of the nice people I met on your Iron Horse III ride. :wub: