Eastside cachers

Pepper

HELP!!!!  Anyone on the Eastside have an older, simpler GPSr they'd be willing to rent out for a couple of weeks (at least a good Starbucks card in it for you)?...Any help would be much appreciated.

I've got a Legend that's just sitting around not being used currently, would that work for you? Butttt....if you break it, you buy it...

And I don't 'do' Starbucks... :D:D:o

Edited by Allanon

What other form of vice can I help fund for you?

I appreciate the offer to help me continue one of mine (sorry TL - counseling doesn't help if I don't want to be "cured"; besides, my wife didn't have anything so nice as counseling in mind. For her, it was a cold turkey, spend time on your family's agenda for once, type of suggestion).

Is there a convenient method of pick-up for you, Allanon? Wasn't likely to make the WSGA meeting tonight, but if you're there anyway, could try to swing by. Otherwise, probably don't "need" it before weekend (happy to do joint caching, for instance).

Guarantee of care is a given.

thanks,

willie

No payment is necessary really...if you feel you absolutely do something, donate something to your local food bank or other similar agency that helps the less fortunate.

As for the swap, I don't have it with me...it's at home in Monroe and I'm working in the Totem Lake area. I'll bring it in with me tomorrow. What's convienent for you? Feel free to e-mail or PM me if you don't want to leave information here.

Brian

(sorry TL - counseling doesn't help if I don't want to be "cured"; besides, my wife didn't have anything so nice as counseling in mind. For her, it was a cold turkey, spend time on your family's agenda for once, type of suggestion).

LOL... it seems your wife and mine have been collaborating.

5 pm 6/29. Wife's driving along right now, sees a silver Saturn car with giant green Greocaching sticker in the back window. Somewhere near Lynnwood I think. Guy, younger that us, with one ear ring.

Who dat be?

I was at the spousal unit's place of employment a couple of weeks ago for lunch and noticed the car I had parked next to had a couple geocaching stickers on it...

Had also noticed a few hits to my profile from someone at the same place of employment...

I ended up writing them a note and sticking it under their wiper hoping the owner would write back. He did!

(Not possible in a moving vehicle, I realize... but still fun, nonetheless!)

-=-

michelle

Howdy y'all!

Oh my gosh I'm finally in my new home, anybody wanna go swimming? :D

The caching down my way (77511) really stinks and boy of boy is it ever hot in Alvin TX. Looking forward to the next hurrican maybe just maybe it'll bring some rain. I sure do miss y'all and I'm going thru caching withdrewl (no car, to hot) but I will survive until fall.

pool person it here gotta go

Cache for me please!

Pepper

Alright you trinket hounds... I need help in locating a gel pad strip that will be about 1/2"-1" thick and wide, possibly flat on one side and about 6-8" long. Has anybody seen anything like this and know where I can get it? The usual office supplies stores don't carry anything like this.

The caching down my way (77511) really stinks and boy of boy is it ever hot in Alvin TX.  Looking forward to the next hurrican maybe just maybe it'll bring some rain.  I sure do miss y'all and I'm going thru caching withdrewl (no car, to hot) but I will survive until fall.

Cache for me please!

Hey Pepper!

I sure was thinking about you today...

I did Ray&Rose's Peanut Butter Brigade this morning and I laughed to myself as I could almost hear you when you saw the last little ways to get to the cache. Too bad you couldn't have seen me and Scooter, in the pouring rain, crawling to the cache.

Sounds like you've got to get those local cachers whipped into shape! I'm sure in no time that area will be jam-packed with caches.

We miss you!

HC and Scooter the WD

Ahhhh....the Peanut Butter Brigade how sad is that :D I miss that group of girls.

Everybody is welcome to come visit me when your down my way, I'm trying real hard to fill Alvin up with cahes so you folks that make it down my way will have something to do.

Having no car puts a damper on placing/finding caches, but... I'm sure I'll do just fine somehow someway.

Oh and by the way we got BIG rain today yee-haw!!! I bet the temp dropped at least 10 degrees, and trust me that's a good thing.

I need the next cacher on the East Side that runs in my pal Lucy to please give her a TX sized hug for me. Gosh I miss that special gal!!!

Miss y'all bunches I had no idea things would be so stangnet down here, but Alvin is concidered the boonies. :D

Pepper

I need the next cacher on the East Side that runs in my pal Lucy to please give her a TX sized hug for me. Gosh I miss that special gal!!!

Pepper

Hey, I just cached with Lucy and Rickie today up Silver creek and Mineral City. I would given her a big hug but I couldn't shake the Rickie guy long enough to do it :D

Good to hear from you again :D

I need the next cacher on the East Side that runs in my pal Lucy to please give her a TX sized hug for me.  Gosh I miss that special gal!!!

Pepper

Hey, I just cached with Lucy and Rickie today up Silver creek and Mineral City. I would given her a big hug but I couldn't shake the Rickie guy long enough to do it :blink:

Good to hear from you again :ph34r:

lol!

Hey Pepper- I hope you put one behind ACC- that's close to my old house ;) . We will definitely visit when we come down at Christmas so we can give you a WA hug and find your caches! We pretty much cleaned Houston out last winter- could you beef it up for us? :D We miss you here- it's sunny and nice, but I haven't been doing a lot of caching- inlaws are in town and we are replacing our back deck. But it's gonna be cool when we're done! Anyway, have to let the local caches build back up in density :D .

Give us the low down on cachers/caches back there! Lots of camo taped film canisters hanging in bushes like I saw?

thank you OBE! :blink:

Little Blue the caching down here is NOT happy to me, and with me having no car (for now) I'm not able to drive to the nearest cache (8 someting miles away mind you). All my ammo cans are sitting in the garage just waiting for me to place them and yes I have plans for ACC. Hope to have ya hooked up by Christmas and I'll see ya then.

Pepper

Edited by Pepper
Hey guys did you know that you can plug corrdinates directly into maps.google.com?

I really like thier mapping system anyway so this is just icing on the cake.  Try it, you have to include the minus sign on the longitude.

Wow! :lol::unsure::unsure: I've been wishing for a feature like that for a long time! I can't see where you plug in the coordinates, though. How do you do it?

Try it in this format in the search field: 47 31.671, -122 00.393

Hey guys did you know that you can plug corrdinates directly into maps.google.com?

I really like thier mapping system anyway so this is just icing on the cake.  Try it, you have to include the minus sign on the longitude.

Wow! :P:P:P I've been wishing for a feature like that for a long time! I can't see where you plug in the coordinates, though. How do you do it?

Try it in this format in the search field: 47 31.671, -122 00.393

Woa! Thanks for the tip Kiersolvd - I knew google maps were the sweetest, but thought you hadta search in decimal degrees, so was forever dividing the gc.com minutes by 60. KEWL! Now that's what I like in a mapping pal - VERSATILITY!

And on the current subject of cachin' ala tres chic - indeed, mighty debonair there EGH!

I'm still here. I appeared in court again this morning. The prosecutor agrees that this is "a unique case". The case has been continued until October 19th to give my lawyer time to meet privately with him. As I have been saying, they all now agree that the case hinges on how the term 'obscene' is interpreted in the law. On October 19th we will petition to have the case dismissed. I'll start a forum topic when I have something to post. For now it's hurry up and wait. If we go to trial, I was thinking about making it an Event Cache. :(

Nudecacher

Copy of log:

Washington Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Moun10Bike found Nine-to-One Reduction (Unknown Cache)

E 3.7mi from your home coordinates.

I'm logging this now after waking up from a Benadryl-induced haze. More on that in a little bit.

This is the closest unfound cache to me at work, so I have been focusing on the series over the last few days. Today I finally finished the last of the Bel-Red caches by completing Bel-Red Walk, and then sat down to figure out the coordinates for this one.

It looks like I fat-fingered data entry into the GPSr, as I ended up being 0.1 mile from where the cache actually is (something I found out by phoning a friend). I had the wrong value for "C" entered even though the cache I just found minutes before heading off to this one was the one that gave that answer. The problem with this error was that it put me right on top of a hornet's nest.

I was stepping through the woods and watching my GPSr when all of a sudden I thought I had walked through some nettles. I looked down and saw hornets all over my legs. I took off sprinting up the trail flailing to get the buggers off and left a trail of backpack, hat, jacket, et al. in my wake. I even pulled off my shirt and dumped it. After a few hundred feet I finally seemed to be free of the pests and went back to my shirt and put it back on. Whoops, still one in there. Yowch!

I watched my jacket from a spot safely up the trail a few yards and saw it swarmed with hornets, which was a little creepy. After waiting for a few minutes I did a quick dash-and-grab and freed it from the swarm, then dumped it a short distance later. I did this a few times until it was clear of bees, then went and retrieved my pack.

That's when I realized that I had lost my GPSr in the chaos. I walked the trail a few times looking for it (and hornets), but no luck. I did find my hat, but no electronics. My flailing had apparently ripped the receiver from my lanyard and it must have landed somewhere in the bushes. Thus started a frantic search.

I started circling around the hornet nest at a safe distance, scanning the ferns and underbrush intensely for the GPS. After a few minutes of this, I finally spotted it! It was indeed right next to the hornet nest, so I did a dash-and-grab and retrieved it. Yay!

At this point, after around two dozen stings, I had lost some of my enthusiasm for the hunt so I phoned a friend for help on the cache and he was able to walk me to it. I grabbed the Lumberjack Travel Bug and left one of my signature pins. Then I headed off to the drugstore to get some Benadryl to aid in dealing with the stings.

So, there you have it. I recommend confirming your coordinates on this one before heading off in search of it! Thanks for the fun despite my little incident!

(AND HE STILL WENT FOR IT) HE IS TRULY A FREAKIN CACHING GOD!!!!