Do I have to let my TB into the wild?

mesillywoohoo

You can get trackable backpacks etc, or a trackable patch..... custom made for what you describe.

My son is getting a little collection of geocoins, including one for his 500th find, no way they will ever get released! They live in our backpack so he can track them where we go.

Edited by lee737

I know a few cachers who do that. They got tired of their travel bugs (that had been released) getting lost/stolen/going missing. Now they have one or two special ones that they just carry with them and 'visit' to the caches they find. Then they use the bugs online page to log a 'travel diary' of photos with their bug. Kinda like the 'roaming gnome' idea. My hubby has a Lego figure he takes everywhere. It doesn't have a tracking number on Geocaching.com or anywhere else; but he has created a photo journal of places it's been - Spain, Italy, Scotland, France...

You can get trackable backpacks etc, or a trackable patch..... custom made for what you describe.

My son is getting a little collection of geocoins, including one for his 500th find, no way they will ever get released! They live in our backpack so he can track them where we go.

I am a bit of a caching newbie but I got a trackable patch for fathers day today which I plan to put on my caching bag like your idea but how do u go about logging these visits? TIA

I am a bit of a caching newbie but I got a trackable patch for fathers day today which I plan to put on my caching bag like your idea but how do u go about logging these visits? TIA

Now that it's in your inventory, on every cache you want it to visit , you simply enter it "Visited" on the Trackable Action drop down, just before you hit that Submit Log Entry button.

We have friends who visit only "5" terrain caches with theirs. :)