Wherigo for iPhone - Unable to Search

Limax

Greetings,

I hope I picked the right forum. I don't know if this is specific to the iPhone version of Wherigo, or if other platforms experience the same problem. Lately, when I try to search for Wherigo cartridges (using the magnifying glass), I get asked to log into geocaching.com.

After I enter my user name and password, I get the message "Either your session has expired or your authorization credentials have failed. Please try again if you believe this is an error. I then hit the '<Search' button at the top of the screen (next to sign in), and I get a popup message saying "Groundspeak Auth Error - Error Logging in". I then hit the 'Retry' button, which takes me to the familiar screen to Allow Access or Do Not Allow Access. I touch the button that says 'Allow Access', and after it thinks for a while, I find myself back at the Sign In screen again, which starts the whole cycle over again. (Both the Login and the Password have red text below them saying I should enter a valid login and password).

I'm not sure what's going on here, but any suggestions would be helpful. I apologize if this is a duplicate post, but I could not find another topic that addressed this issue. Thanks!

Wherigo version: 341

iPhone 6

iOS 8.4.1

Actually I believe you posted this in the correct forum. I am having the same problem with searching for wherigos through the app. Perhaps Groundspeak has not renewed the API for the pi-soft app? There is a work around to this though, if you open your safari browser on your iphone, navigate to the Wherigo.com page and download the cartridge through safari. This should work. I was able to load a couple cartridges through this.

This is what I have been doing. I'm just upset about losing functionality in the app itself. Wherigos is one of my favorite cache types, but it seems to be mostly ignored by Groundspeak and it's only through the efforts of people like Ranger Fox that keeps it going.