Deleted Log question

alexie90

Hello. not sure if this is the best or right spot for this ?, but I received an email from Geocache.com stating a CO had deleted my log. but when I go to the log my visit is still listed. does anyone know how a deleted log works or a msg from Geocache abt a deleted log. not sure why the CO deleted it either. all it said was "TTF #41" and I had signed the log

Thanks

Hello. not sure if this is the best or right spot for this ?, but I received an email from Geocache.com stating a CO had deleted my log. but when I go to the log my visit is still listed. does anyone know how a deleted log works or a msg from Geocache abt a deleted log. not sure why the CO deleted it either. all it said was "TTF #41" and I had signed the log

Thanks

Sounds like you logged it twice, they deleted one, and you still have one. If so then everything is correct and there's nothing to worry about.

In the log deletion email, click where it says "View this log". This will take you to the website and show you the exact log that was deleted. If it says on the right side of that log page "Archived" in red, that log has been "deleted". If you go to the cache page and it still shows a log from you, then the one that was deleted was a duplicate.

I would normally expect the CO to send you an email explaining why they deleted one of your logs, but not all owners are that courteous.

Thanks

What's the GC code of the cache in question? Is it a traditional cache, a multicache, an EarthCache?

You could contact the CO to ask why the log was deleted, as the log deletion form does not give the CO the opportunity to give a reason.

If it wasn't a duplicate log, and you feel your log was deleted without reason, you can have it reinstated by Groundspeak.

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Geocache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

4.12. Log Deletion

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=204

B.

Seems indeed a duplicate log, since you also wrote "TTF #41" for cache GCKZYG.

May I ask what TTF in your log means? I only know this abbreviation within geocaching as "Third To Find" (FTF, STF and TTF), but since there were a lot more finds before yours this can't be what you meant.

Yet another example of why it would be terrific to have a form to fill out when deleting a log explaining the reason. Even if it was just a simple drop-down of choices: duplicate log, spoiler, inappropriate language, incorrect log type, etc.

Also...I highly recommend writing more than some cryptic six character log that nobody understands.

Thanks

Alexie, I am the cache owner who deleted your log (or I'm assuming so, since I cleaned up a few of my caches recently).

The reason that I deleted the log is as the others in this thread have said: it was a duplicate log.

I'm sorry that I did not email you with the reason that I deleted the log. I used to do that, but duplicate logs have become so common that I don't email people anymore with explanations.