HELP PLEASE - ETREX TOUCH 35

More by luck than judgement I've somehow managed to find 3 simple traditional geocaches, but am really struggling to understand the settings and use of my Touch 35. The manuals available show what screens and menus are available, but nothing about recommended settings or a PRACTICAL guide. For one of those finds I used my iphone but straight away saw the problems of dropping the signal and lack of map detail.

Is there anyone out there who can help, or even better if they are in the Milton Keynes area willing to meet up? I'll bring the wife along as chaperone!

Many thanks in anticipation. :)

You may find the page on how GPS works on my resource site useful. It explains about using the compass (and what to set it to), waypoints and navigating to them and coordinates and coordinate formats.

http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources/gps.html

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Policies Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

More by luck than judgement I've somehow managed to find 3 simple traditional geocaches, but am really struggling to understand the settings and use of my Touch 35. The manuals available show what screens and menus are available, but nothing about recommended settings or a PRACTICAL guide. For one of those finds I used my iphone but straight away saw the problems of dropping the signal and lack of map detail.

Is there anyone out there who can help, or even better if they are in the Milton Keynes area willing to meet up? I'll bring the wife along as chaperone!

Post your question/look for previous logs in the GPS section

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=11

offline mapping.... so much better than online Apping!