Spoiler tags in logs

rassilon256

I specifically left logging a cache until tonight to use my PC rather than my phone app because I wanted to write a spoiler-tagged sentence. But the new Markdown coding doesn't seem to have spoiler tags. Is that not an option? If it isn't an option, does that mean that all of my previous logs with spoilers are now plain text?

Is that a yes, no or don't know? I have nearly 200 logs and I don't remember which ones I spoiler-tagged. I don't really want to go through them all if I don't have to. 200 isn't that many compared to a lot of people, but it's more than enough to keep me busy for hours.

You mean like here: https://coord.info/GLM25Z97 ? Looks still encrypted.

One might think that the square brackets could interfere with markdown syntax for hyperlinks, maybe worth testing.

The option to encrypt text (or parts) is still there, under 'Log Options Encrypt this log entry*'

'* You can have the site ROT13 encrypt your log entry. This is helpful if your log contains spoilers, such as information that can give away the location of the geocache. Text within brackets [like this] will not be encrypted.'

I don't know whether html or bbc commands that produced folding spoiler tags were supported before. I suppose that would now be shown in plain text now surrounded by ugly brackets.

I though spoilers were against Groundpseak's TOU? :huh:
FWIW, I encrypt my log (using brackets to leave most of it unencrypted) when I refer to something that the CO referred to in the cache's encrypted hints. I'm not adding any spoilers. I'm just referring to the same spoilers that the CO referred to, in the same way the CO referred to them.