Travel Bug found in February, still not logged

MiaQuiche

I placed my first travel bug in a cache in December. It was found in February, and still has not been placed anywhere. I have contacted the user several times through messages, and they responded once in April asking me to describe the trackable. I responded and have not heard anything since. I sent another message in May, asking if they still had my bug, but no response. I feel frustrated, as my friend gave me this trackable as a gift (Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016). I don't think there is a way to report them. What is the usual time expected to keep a bug? Sad that this is my first experience.

Sorry to see that.

And this one can't be blamed on a newb with just a few finds...

Groundspeak still says:

"Be considerate and don't take a Trackable if you are not planning to go geocaching in the next 2-3 weeks. The owners want them to travel and not to stay too long in one geocacher's hands. Sometimes, unexpected delays occur. Simply send a note to the owner of that item and let them know the situation."

- And this cacher should know that.

Guess you can only hope they find it on the bottom of their bag, between the carseats, under the couch, etc, and finally drop it off for you.

Good luck. :)

Trackables should be considered along the lines of casual aquaintances, rather than dear friends.... they come and go easily....

Hopefully they have actually dropped it somewhere without logging it, and can't remember, and someone with a clue will find it and get it going again.