View larger map

grebnet

To the OP: Are you using Edge browser? The "View Larger Map" option on individual cache pages, as well as the general "View Geocache Map" options are producing a blank screen for me. I see the slider menu on the left, but the right side of the screen is just white space.

I don't see these issues while using Firefox browser.

I'm using Safari and it's always worked until today. When I click on it, the 'set map preferences' shows on the left side pane and blank on the right side. The side pane is stuck and can't slide to the side. It's doing this on iPad and iPhone 6, I haven't tried laptop yet.

I tried it on a laptop and am seeing the same behavior you've noted. Definitely seems like a bug.

-- Left panel functions find in Firefox, but won't slide away in Edge and Chrome.

-- Right map looks fine in Firefox, but is just blank white space in Edge and Chrome.

I haven't tested any browsers on my phone.

Looks like a website bug. The small maps on the cache listing pages work fine, but the big map at http://www.geocaching.com/map seems to be broken - I've checked in Edge, Chrome and Firefox. I see the header bar and search sidebar, but the map pane is blank and none of the sidebar functions work. Looking in the browser console, it seems there's a javascript error that's crashing the whole page before it attempts to load the map.

I guess that means I won't be looking for too many caches today...

Looks like a website bug. The small maps on the cache listing pages work fine, but the big map at http://www.geocaching.com/map seems to be broken - I've checked in Edge, Chrome and Firefox. I see the header bar and search sidebar, but the map pane is blank and none of the sidebar functions work.

Same problem here. I'm unable to see the map at http://www.geocaching.com/map with Chrome. Yet, I can see it with Firefox and with IExplorer.

I'm having the same issue with the "Map this location" from the search page, or view nearby caches and then choosing to map this location with my basic account. When login to my son's premium account it seems to work. They may have taken away the mapping feature for us basic members.

Here's an interesting item. I am currently using my iPad to logon I am just member status, I get the same blank right hand side, I.e no maps. However if I get my son to logon using the same iPad (he is a premium member)he doesn't have the problem.

I'm using Safari and it's always worked until today. When I click on it, the 'set map preferences' shows on the left side pane and blank on the right side. The side pane is stuck and can't slide to the side. It's doing this on iPad and iPhone 6, I haven't tried laptop yet.

I'm using Safari on a Macbook it's working for me. The map displayed when using the "Maps these results" link on the new Search page will open the map page without expandable/collapsable side panel. Apparently there are issues with some of the new filters added on the "new" search that have yet to be fixed but it's been like that since the new search page was introduced.

Here's an interesting item. I am currently using my iPad to logon I am just member status, I get the same blank right hand side, I.e no maps. However if I get my son to logon using the same iPad (he is a premium member)he doesn't have the problem.

It might have something to do with the member status too, but also with the used browser.

I get a blank map - also from the individual cache pages when I select geocaching map there - when I use the newest version of Firefox or Chromium while it still works if I use Iceweasel (an older version) or Konqueror.

I have the same problem. May its only a problem for members becaus when i read the topics premium members seem to have no problem.

Is this a attempt to force us to become a premium member?

If it is not fixed i think i will stop geocaching

I hope I don't have to pay for premium. I signed up for it for 1 year but didn't make much difference. In my area there are very few extra caches I can find with premium
FWIW, a lot of premium members consider access to PMO caches to be one of the least important benefits of premium membership. Personally, I find bookmark lists, pocket queries, full access to the API, Favorites points, improved statistics, and improved filters in the new search tool to be much more useful/interesting than access to PMO caches.