"White Eagle" second stage to be relocated.

Sparrowhawk

I went out and got a pair of water proof boots just for this cache icon_frown.gif... well not JUST for this cache, I mean I've been wanting a pair for a while, but well... this just gave me a reason to run out and get them now icon_smile.gif Is it still there so I can run by & log a find before you move it?

"There are no stupid questions, but there a LOT of inquisitive idiots."

------------------------------------------------

"Is it still there so I can run by & log a find before you move it?"

-------------------------------------------------

The White Eagle page itself is temporarily suspended, but the physical second stage itself is not going to be modified until Sunday.

If you are THAT into splash-and-cache, icon_biggrin.gif your deadline is about Sunday at 9am.

Then log the find after the web page is alive again. icon_wink.gif

As per Kyle: if the place is in total pond mode, please avoid it at that high water level so that THPRD officially does not have to fear any liability problems.

-Elana (a.k.a. "Sparrowhawk")

more just excited because I know where it's at right now. That, and the idea of Sassquatch chasing me with a hose isn't very appealing. I work less than 1/4 mile down the path, and I walked by during my lunch today to scout out the most likely spot. I think I scarred some gal named Trina who was out walking her dog.

There's more water than I was imagining, so I'm not sure if my boots will work or not. Maybe if I wrap a garbage bag around each of my legs? Hmmm... or two giant pieces of foam... then I could just float to the cache. Or maybe I could just wait for you to relocate it to a different spot.

"There are no stupid questions, but there a LOT of inquisitive idiots."

quote:
I went out and got a pair of water proof boots just for this cache

I did the same thing Team JOYSON (bought new boots). Been needing a new pair and this was a good excuse to spend the bucks, I just didn't get a big enough pair.

Sparrowhawk: You'll have this problem every time it rains so I agree with your decision to move it. So far, not that many people have worked it so it's best to get it fixed. Look forward to working the new location.

Charlie Trail Duster - West of Buxton, Oregon

Bah, you shoulda just left it. Am i the only one with a pair of hipboots in my car?

Anyway, i would've done it today because i've heard it's a good one. Also, i like to know where these multi-caches end up because i'd hate to place one right on top of an existing final location for a multi-cache by mistake.

So i made sure that the one i hid today was nowhere near a place that floods.

But i still say you shoulda left it. Hipboots are only thirty bucks.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

According to Kyle, tempting people to walk into a flood makes for a liability issue because folks can't see what sharp objects could be hiding in that water.

THPRD can't really have anything that makes folks even slightly tempted about playing in such waters, considering our lawyer-happy culture.

Amusingly enough, my email conversation with Kyle about all this started when I asked his permission to build and leave behind a small raft (no I am NOT kidding) at the site.

Hey, it WOULD have been fun to make it that much more creative... icon_biggrin.gif

-Elana (a.k.a. "Sparrowhawk")