Oregon 650 Picture Naming

I hope I can get the answer here. I just realized that my Oregon 650 re-starts numbering pictures from DSC0001 anytime I move the pictures from the unit and put them on my computer. That can be an issue, and it has been with me, because if I load a new batch of pictures to the same directory on my computer, I will end up overwriting them. Is there a way to switch the numbering to date and time, or at least date and number? I hope my question makes sense.

Edited by jeepdelfuego

I hope I can get the answer here. I just realized that my Oregon 650 re-starts numbering pictures from DSC0001 anytime I move the pictures from the unit and put them on my computer. That can be an issue, and it has been with me, because if I load a new batch of pictures to the same directory on my computer, I will end up overwriting them. Is there a way to switch the numbering to date and time, or at least date and number? I hope my question makes sense.

My camera does that too. I solve the problem by renaming the pictures on my computer to something that is more descriptive than DCSXXXXX, even if it's just the date the picture was taken.

my Oregon 650 re-starts numbering pictures from DSC0001 anytime I move the pictures from the unit and put them on my computer

If you leave the highest numbered picture in there (copy them all, delete all but that one), it will continue the count from there.

Okay, this looks like the best solution for my problem. I haven't had this issue with a camera in over 10 years. I think it is sloppy programming by Garmin.

Thanks!

my Oregon 650 re-starts numbering pictures from DSC0001 anytime I move the pictures from the unit and put them on my computer

If you leave the highest numbered picture in there (copy them all, delete all but that one), it will continue the count from there.

Okay, this looks like the best solution for my problem. I haven't had this issue with a camera in over 10 years. I think it is sloppy programming by Garmin.

Thanks!

You're welcome!

It's the same thing with waypoint numbering.