Attaching things

Wrgwayandhobolos

I'm trying to figure out what is the best glue to attach items to micros ex: pennies small stones bottle caps. I have tried super glue and gorilla glue with no luck

Gluing stuff to the caps of slick plastic centrifuge vials? It won't be permanent.

The adhesives that don't cure flexible will break off for sure. You can try fancier adhesives, JB weld and stuff like that. But make a bunch and plan to switch the whole thing for a new one. The container itself isn't permanent. :anicute:

If you drill a hole and the epoxy is sealed through the hole, that can work rather well. Install a small screw in the cap, seal that all up, and now you have something that glue sticks to. I wrap a loop of Velcro around my match tubes and glue it in place, and that provides a surface for must any adhesive I have on hand.

I have had some luck using a very small amount of superglue over superglue primer. That provides a rough surface. But the epoxy or whatever, needs a lot of surface area to stick and stay stuck. A tiny vial cap ain't it. :anibad:

Yea it's centrifuge vials. I have scratched them up with sand paper and tried all kind of tricks with no luck

Glue the object to the end of a metal tube in whatever way you wish. Slide the vial into that. Now you can quickly swap vials when the cap falls off or leaks. Every couple of finds or so. :anibad:

Edited by kunarion