I encrypted a log on website but not showing as such on app

I permanently encrypted a users log on one of my hides (by no means a spectacular hide or anything). It was a 2 word log explicitly stating where the hide was located. I wrote a note to the user via the message center since they are a "Not Validated Premium Member" and do not have an e-mail, to please not do that as it "spoils" the fun for future seekers if you blatantly post the hide location in your log. Anyway, it does not show as encrypted on the app which is where I would most like it to be encrypted as almost all new players are using a phone app. Am I missing something? Why has this info not transferred to the app? Also, can you just buy a premium membership via the app store for $30.00 and never have to log in to the website? Never read the guidelines? etc, etc.

On another note: Is there a way to set your time zone on the app? I post things on line but they do not show in the same order on the app. I would imagine this is due to some sort of time zone issue? I had this same issue with the classic app as well but was wondering if it was available in the new one.

I permanently encrypted a users log on one of my hides (by no means a spectacular hide or anything). It was a 2 word log explicitly stating where the hide was located. I wrote a note to the user via the message center since they are a "Not Validated Premium Member" and do not have an e-mail, to please not do that as it "spoils" the fun for future seekers if you blatantly post the hide location in your log. Anyway, it does not show as encrypted on the app which is where I would most like it to be encrypted as almost all new players are using a phone app. Am I missing something? Why has this info not transferred to the app? Also, can you just buy a premium membership via the app store for $30.00 and never have to log in to the website? Never read the guidelines? etc, etc.

Post a spoiler on one of my listings and your log gets deleted. I also reserve the right to delete logs posted by Non Validated Members. B)

I'm going to check a few logs that I have encrypted, thanks for posting this topic. :)

Edit to add: I checked some encrypted logs and could not duplicate your concern. :unsure:

Edited by Manville Possum

That's weird. I went to their log, edit, then clicked on the red lock which encrypted it. The lock turned green and I clicked ok. On the site it shows encrypted but on the app it is not. It's still plain English.

Is that the correct process?

OK, now I see it. You are correct, it's not encrypted with the official app, but it is on another third party app. :anibad:

Edited by Manville Possum

Also, can you just buy a premium membership via the app store for $30.00 and never have to log in to the website? Never read the guidelines? etc, etc.

Evidently you can, because they apparently did. (Unless somebody gifted the PM to them.) That's the first time I've seen "Not Validated Premium Member."

Edited to add: I'd just delete their log. If they bother to contact you, you can explain that spoilers are not considered good form.

Edited by NanCycle
On 5/25/2016 at 11:47 PM, Twinklekitkat said:

That's weird. I went to their log, edit, then clicked on the red lock which encrypted it. The lock turned green and I clicked ok. On the site it shows encrypted but on the app it is not. It's still plain English.

Is that the correct process?

Was this issue of app logs not reflecting encryption on website resolved ? (Other than just deleting the log, I mean.)

If so, would some kind soul point me in the direction of the solution?