When to delete logs...

I'm I allowed to delete blank logs?

No, unless it is a Earthcache or Grandfathered cache type that has some specific logging task.

It seems to violate the guideline about loging your experience.

I'm not seeing any such mention of that requirement, other than my reference above, in the Guidelines.

Yeah, that's the kind of thing that might get my attention.

If it looks like a new geocacher, then I might welcome them to the game as suggested by narcissa.

If their name doesn't appear on the physical log, then I'd delete the online log.

Otherwise, meh...

IMO it doesn't matter if it's a new cacher or not. It's not like actually putting something in the log is an unknown thing that doesn't appear on every cache.....

Anyway since there is no information relating to the log type I would consider it under the same rules as the log is not a forum. Heck, you don't even know if it's supposed to be a found it.

But since you're probably a nicer person than myself, you could send a quick message to the cacher.

It seems to violate the guideline about loging your experience.

I'm not seeing any such mention of that requirement, other than my reference above, in the Guidelines.

From "Geocaching 101"

"Finally, visit the cache page to log your find and share your experience with others." As we all know, this has long been on the Web page.

I so see that the language used on the page explaining how to log a find has changed, now saying to leave any comments you wish to share. This new wording is a major disservice to the geocaching population. It now could be interpreted as "only leave a comment if there is something important to communicate, otherwise don't bother people."

The continual degradation to the lowest common denominator continues to frustrate me.

From "Geocaching 101"

"Finally, visit the cache page to log your find and share your experience with others." As we all know, this has long been on the Web page.

That is a tutorial, not the Guidelines. I suspect that citing GC101 would carry very little weight with the Lily Pad if the User were to appeal the deletion, so that doesn't seem like a viable solution.

You pretty much have to stick with the official Guidelines or the Terms of Use in order to uphold a log deletion.

Oh come on, this person joined up 1 day ago and has logged 1 find and you're going to delete it, it's not exactly going to make them feel welcome is it?

How about sending them a NICE Email explaining that COs like to see something in the find logs and telling them how they can edit the log?

As far as I know the only rule to claim a find is signing the physical log. If the physical log is signed than you shouldn't delete the online log even if it's blank.

It looks like it was the cachers first find. Good opportunity to reach out and congratulate them and thank them for making it one of yours.