Is it possible to choose a different reviewer?

How does one become a platinum member?

:ph34r:2B1ASK1 :ph34r:

I would've had more fun caching with the other kids back in the day, rather than trading pins. Of course, geocaching hadn't yet been invented when I went to those conventions.

The internet did not exist.. but codes, cyphers, dead drops, and letterboxing has been around a long time. I like to think that geocaching just evolved from all of them. B)

Where do I apply for a new reviewer?

Apparently all you need to do is send one or more nasty emails to your current reviewer. When they get fed up dealing with you, you'll get pawned off on another unfortunate reviewer. :ph34r:

If things get bad enough, a cacher gets the privilege of working directly with the highly competent paid staff at Groundspeak.

Here I was thinking that was a perk for platinum members only. :ph34r:

Platinum members don't need to have their caches reviewed.

Whats so great about the platinum Membership is that I'm only 2 weeks away from getting mine. Can't hardly wait to get instant cache publications along with all the other cool stuff.

How does one become a platinum member?

:ph34r:2B1ASK1 :ph34r:

I would've had more fun caching with the other kids back in the day, rather than trading pins. Of course, geocaching hadn't yet been invented when I went to those conventions.

The internet did not exist.. but codes, cyphers, dead drops, and letterboxing has been around a long time. I like to think that geocaching just evolved from all of them. B)

I asked about 10 years ago. Not platinum yet, but I have leveled up to 3 and 32. :)

<snip>The cache I am trying to place is an easy one that is handicap accessible. I am a volunteer of Wounded Warriors Foundation and thought it would be nice to get some of our soldiers out and about. And this offended him... <snip>

Don't post total BS in the forums looking for false sympathy. You will get called out on it. You never even mentioned your volunteering in the email sent to the reviewer. The response you got said your overall tone of the email was offensive.

Is this statement from NCreviewer or WhimseyGuy? One might be banned for the statement, and one might be a Reviewer....or they are both the same entity. Some long time forum volunteers have been banned for lass confrontational posts than this.

You quoted an example of one reviewer defending a fellow reviewer who had been maligned. NC Reviewer correctly noted the facts which the OP had distorted.

Unless you wish to contend that it's open season to make stuff up about a reviewer and the review process, but not for other reviewers to respond back with true facts?

I am about to change reviewers for the fourth time in three years, via permanent change of station. So if you really don't like you're reviewers, and you're tired of burning bridges, you can always pick up stakes and start burning bridges in another location.

We have all been new geocachers, impatient for our first caches to be published and wondering what's wrong with our cache, or with us, or with our reviewers, that the reviewer can't just push the button already and publish your cache. The key is patience. You are not the only geocacher out there. Do not be offensive, do not be defensive, do not be impolite, do not lose your cool. Your reviewer is a volunteer, meaning that on top of everything else in their life, they have assumed this responsibility for free. Please keep that in mind when you interact with them.

As far as blacklisting, if your cache got published despite all this, apparently that didn't happen. What you may want to do is, after a sufficient cooling off and/or introspection period, reach back out to your reviewers, apologize for the miscommunication/hostility/whatever you want to call it, and see if y'all can fight nicely from now on. Easier than letting the issue fester out there and wondering where you stand.

Reviewers that share a territory (such as the state of Minnesota) work closely together to assure they are consistent in applying local caching policy and so they don't "step on each others' toes." If one Reviewer is already working on a cache, the other Reviewer won't step in and take over unless asked by the first. This allows for efficient execution of the volunteer Reviewer duties and prevents cachers from attempting end runs around the volunteer Reviewers. There is enough volunteer work to do without two volunteers working on the same cache.

Reviewers do not blacklist cachers. Instead, they do their best to work with cachers to publish their caches because they like to publish caches. When a cacher and a Reviewer reach an impasse, an appeal can be filed with Groundspeak via the Help Center.

If you have read any local land manager policies and described your compliance in a Reviewer Note posted on the cache page, be certain to click the "Submit for Review" button in the upper left corner of the cache page to return the cache to the Review Queue. If you don't do that, the Reviewer won't know if you are ready for another review cycle.

Yes, you can always get anothe reviewer (or HQ themselves) to publish your caches as long as they meet the guidelines and follow the laws of the jurisdiction it is in. Some reviewers are nicer and more attending to details of the cache submissions then others are. Remember, reviewers are volunteers, so they volunteer to publish caches, if a reviewer fails to volunteer, than another reviewer can take over. I hope the statement "Reviewers do not blacklist cachers." is true so that all cachers have the chance of getting their cache published, provided that they meet the guidelines.

I hope the statement "Reviewers do not blacklist cachers." is true so that all cachers have the chance of getting their cache published, provided that they meet the guidelines.

I think that statement is true, but some dogs have an astonishing memory.

I hope the statement "Reviewers do not blacklist cachers." is true so that all cachers have the chance of getting their cache published, provided that they meet the guidelines.
I think that statement is true, but some dogs have an astonishing memory.
Based on what I've heard from volunteer reviewers, there isn't a blacklist, but those who have been volunteer reviewers for any length of time do learn that certain caches/owners deserve extra attention.