Subaru Badge of Ownership - Vote for Geocaching

Badges? We don't need no steenking badges!

My Subaru has war wounds, thank you very much. The cracked windshield, from an oilfield truck on the way to a very remote cache by a pretty lake. The wrinkled bumper, from not noticing a stump I parked beside, after a long day climbing a mountain to place a cache. The underside, something's flapping down there, probably happened when something went bang on some deep ruts on the way to yet another cache...

I didn't vote, but did glance at the options. Reading?!?!? (I'm a big-time reader, but that word and Subaru don't seem to belong in the same sentence...)

Edited by Viajero Perdido

Is this a US marketing thing? Haven't seen it down here - yet.

(Spouse, of 2010 Subaru Forester 2.0D owner,SWMBO, who got real ticked of when I reversed it into a clay bank with tree roots poking out. Nice lot of scratches to the rear bumper)

Put my vote in.

I voted. My first car was a subaru. We took that thing around the country with no air conditioning, with a two month old and a three year old. I have a lot of fond memories of that car. Our daughter inherited it for a while as her first car. Then, after drooling for years over outbacks, we finally got one. Drove it into the ground, and now we're suburu-less. :( Still so sad about that. :cry:

Going caching with a group after Geowoodstock 8:

e69c9017-9c79-4328-b921-d0f7ffe2d3ae.jpg

*sigh*

17 hours ago, Ambrosia said:

Hm, it said to type in a suggestion if it's not one of the icons on the page, but after typing in the suggestion, the submit button with not work. It only works if I click one of the icons.

It appears (to me) that the actually "vote" (submit) was only for the three above.   The "suggestion" (geocaching) may simply be a future thing.  Suggest geocaching, but you gotta vote for one of the three for now.     :)

9 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:
18 hours ago, Ambrosia said:

Hm, it said to type in a suggestion if it's not one of the icons on the page, but after typing in the suggestion, the submit button with not work. It only works if I click one of the icons.

It appears (to me) that the actually "vote" (submit) was only for the three above.   The "suggestion" (geocaching) may simply be a future thing.  Suggest geocaching, but you gotta vote for one of the three for now.     :)

What a rip-off. :rolleyes: :laughing:

3 hours ago, Ambrosia said:

What a rip-off. :rolleyes: :laughing:

:)  Well, it gives me time to maybe look into one (we were looking for another awd for my Mother).  CJ would "borrow" it.

Fun story...'93 blizzard.  Roads closed, and emergency personnel (prisons/hospitals) transported by snowmobile.  Only a couple miles away (road a bike sometimes), my '79 Dodge PU was loaded with feed bags and lumber, and made it in.

The only other vehicle to make it in was from 30 miles away ... A tiny two-seat Subaru.  I'll never forget that one.  :)

Darn, looks like I missed the voting.

I actually sent an email to the badge team ( SubaruProgramHQ@dcim.com ) back in December 2016 and suggested a Geocaching icon. Got a reply that "We’re sorry we don’t offer a Geocaching icon at this time however, thank you for the suggestion – we will forward this on to the Badge of Ownership team and hopefully this will become an icon in the near future."  Maybe if they received a lot of emails asking for Geocaching, then it'll be up for voting next year.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:18 PM, Moun10Bike said:

Suggested! (Although, I also had to vote for the mountain biking badge! :D)

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  Nice that the image has knobbies.