Marijuana Geocoin?

Gustav129

Wait... it's not even the official Geowoodstock coin. But given that the event is taking place in Denver where pot has been legalized why get upset if someone wants to make their own coin to celebrate that fact?

Edited by Droo

I got an email from Oakcoins/Geoswag for a Pot or Pot geocoin for Geowoodstock. Although it is partially legal in certain states, it's still illegal federally.

Am I the only one is is upset about this?

You don't like it, don't buy one. I know it's a hard concept to follow, but believe me, it really does work.

I got an email from Oakcoins/Geoswag for a Pot or Pot geocoin for Geowoodstock. Although it is partially legal in certain states, it's still illegal federally.

Yes, you are :ph34r:

BTW, don't travel to Amsterdam, you might get more upset.

Nice edit to take the "I find it funny" out of your original post.

There are people who can maintain them. Just like how my brother still has some in Atlanta, yet he lives in Minneapolis now.

You are mis-quoting me intentionally. <_< I only edited the emoticon.

It's okay to own listings in other States that others maintain for you. I prefer to maintain my own listings, but whatever works for you, it's none of my concerns.

I'm sure that some geocachers were offended by the Tincup Whiskey trackables promotion here as well as this pot geocoin that you speak of.

As a collector, I would be interested in one. :)

Wait... it's not even the official Geowoodstock coin. But given that the event is taking place in Denver where pot has been legalized why get upset if someone wants to make their own coin to celebrate that fact?

YEP, Only a Geocoin and with MY experience, I know that IF one makes it, and it is "different" sort of a novelty, THEY WILL BUY IT :D:rolleyes:

The coin is a Geoswag project coin and is NON-trackable. It does not need GC approval and it will have your preferred ID name.

As with all coins ... don't like it ? - don't buy it !

I save my voice for where I put my $$$ - I'm NOT participating .... B)

It's hip to be controversial. It creates buzz.

The coin is a Geoswag project coin and is NON-trackable.

That's a game changer. That makes it a token and not a geocoin. Geocoins are trackable on Groundspeak. B)

Now there's another can of worms to open (whether trackability makes something a geocoin or not). I recall some very heated debates about that very topic in the past.

Thanks to everybody for keeping what could be a very sensitive topic on-track gang.

The coin is a Geoswag project coin and is NON-trackable.

That's a game changer. That makes it a token and not a geocoin. Geocoins are trackable on Groundspeak. B)

Now there's another can of worms to open (whether trackability makes something a geocoin or not). I recall some very heated debates about that very topic in the past.

Yes, there are non-trackable mystery coins that geocachers pay top dollar for. I almost forgot about my Bell Witch mystery coin. :anicute: