Oldest cache in NJ?

briansnat

Two years ago today, I found my first cache (Please don't laugh at my trade. What did I know?). I noticed the low number on it (6196) and it got me to wondering, what is the oldest, still existing cache in NJ?

And does anybody recall what the first cache was?

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by The Artful Dodger:

<<SNIP>>

Nope. Cache Ninja's http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=197 beats it by one day.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Your answer is incorrect!!!

stAnlEy cachE is in New York

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

Can watcher bring in all of NJ caches? Or just the 1st 500 (maybe there's only 500 or less... I don't know) from a GPX query?

Getting the Most popular NJ caches is possible too - I need to loop through the Hide/Seek pages for NJ caches (split into 20 per page) and then check each individual cache page and move to the next NJ page.

Maybe I'll do that tonight if I have some free time. Hopefully the site owners won't be upset.

quote:
Originally posted by Team DEMP:

Can watcher bring in all of NJ caches? Or just the 1st 500 (maybe there's only 500 or less... I don't know) from a GPX query?

<<SNIP>>

With a little fooling I'm sure you could get all the caches in NJ with a few (maybe 5 gpx files. With Watcher (a great piece of software) you could join them together and have a full list of NJ caches.

I would take some time to tweak the gpx files but once you have it set.......well you know the rest.

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris