TB PRISON

NanCycle

One of my TBs has just landed in a TB prison, a TB "Hotel" with the following "rule":

PLEASE DON'T TAKE MORE THAN ONE UNLESS YOU DROP THE SAME AMOUNT we need to have travel bugs for others to find.

I hate it when that happens. Anyone in the vicinity of the Portland, Oregon airport want to stage a prison break?

While I agree such a requirement is outrageous, and I agree it shouldn't be in the cache description, why don't you wait until your TB's actually there for more than a day before you complain? The TB flow through that cache appears to be quite robust in spite of the bogus requirement, so I seriously doubt you TB will be there any longer than it's in any other cache.

On the other hand, I had a TB Hotel at a truck stop. Someone dropped a bag with 8 TB's in it, each separately bagged, and the very next visitor, within hours, took the entire bag! Come on, really! So I understand the take one/leave one but also the desire to keep something in there for the next cacher. Keep the bugs moving!

On the other hand, I had a TB Hotel at a truck stop. Someone dropped a bag with 8 TB's in it, each separately bagged, and the very next visitor, within hours, took the entire bag! Come on, really! So I understand the take one/leave one but also the desire to keep something in there for the next cacher. Keep the bugs moving!

I'll bet all eight TB owners were glad. The most important person is the TB owner not finders. Treat it like a buffet. Take all you want, log all you take.

Depends what the cacher did next with the eight TBs, if he simply carried them around for months logging all eight as visited to every cache they found with no other log details I'd be pretty disappointed. Now if the cacher placed the TBs out into new caches and completed interesting logs maybe even witht a photo to document the travels I'd be thrilled. However, I would expect the former behavior from a person who thinks it is OK to take eight TBs at once.

As a TB owner one of the reasons I put them in play is for others to find as one of my favorite parts of the game is finding a TB in a cache. So I am trying to return the favor by providing the same experience for other cachers, not just to watch as a TB is moved by a single cacher from cache to cache with no other travel details provided. If I find a cache with multiple TBs I will take one and note the tracking numbers on the others for posting a discovered log. Sometimes it can be difficult to find a decent cache to place a TB let alone 8, so it seems inconsiderate to me to take multiple TBs at once.

Edited by ramblingduck

..... If I find a cache with multiple TBs I will take one and note the tracking numbers on the others for posting a discovered log. Sometimes it can be difficult to find a decent cache to place a TB let alone 8, so it seems inconsiderate to me to take multiple TBs at once.

I agree -

I wouldn't want to take on 8 TBs at once! Too much work finding lodging for them all.... We would normally take a couple, and as you do, note the numbers to discover them.

As for only take "1" if you drop "1" etc in a TB HOTEL ( Prison )

I went to Jamaican Cowboy (in Jamaica) obviously!!!.

I dropped several TB's there and knew that more than I dropped wanted to go back to the UK.

The cache minders' WATCHED YOUR EVERY MOVEMENT....They would not let you take any more than you dropped ?.

I thought their job was to mind the activity not strictly POLICE IT .

We left very angry and disappointed ?.

This seem to be rather common in my area. (The take one or whatever amount you drop)

Most people don't care, and still grab whatever they feel like though.

If I ever come across a TB hotel, with loads in it, I'll see if I like any of them, and read the description to see if I can help it on its way, but if I come across one with 2-3 in it, I'll usually leave at least one, for the next bloke. :)