Trackable Inventory

First off another thanks for fixing the issue with "Klingy Trackables"! One more minor yet related thing...

I don't know if the design is intentional or not, but collected trackables show up in inventory in the app. On the website they are listed separately. Generally when I am out Geocaching I don't want to interact with the trackables in my collection - only those in inventory. It might be nice if the collected trackables don't show up in inventory in the app to keep the list shorter. I am trying to think of negative consequences, but can't really right off hand.

First off another thanks for fixing the issue with "Klingy Trackables"! One more minor yet related thing...

I don't know if the design is intentional or not, but collected trackables show up in inventory in the app. On the website they are listed separately. Generally when I am out Geocaching I don't want to interact with the trackables in my collection - only those in inventory. It might be nice if the collected trackables don't show up in inventory in the app to keep the list shorter. I am trying to think of negative consequences, but can't really right off hand.

Is that new? I don't remember seeing Trackables in the Collection in view in the App before. Maybe it could match the list in the web site on a cache log. At least have a hide option.

Is that new? I don't remember seeing Trackables in the Collection in view in the App before. Maybe it could match the list in the web site on a cache log. At least have a hide option.

My post may have been confusing. Oops! I didn't mean the geocache's inventory. I meant the "My Trackable Inventory" in the Geocaching app. In the Geocaching app click the menu button (3 horizontal bars) then click your Profile Photo. It will show the trackables in inventory and collection. On the website they are labled "Trackable Inventory" and "Trackable Collection". I think it might be easier if it only showed Trackable Inventory.

My post may have been confusing. Oops! I didn't mean the geocache's inventory. I meant the "My Trackable Inventory" in the Geocaching app. In the Geocaching app click the menu button (3 horizontal bars) then click your Profile Photo. It will show the trackables in inventory and collection. On the website they are labled "Trackable Inventory" and "Trackable Collection". I think it might be easier if it only showed Trackable Inventory.

I'm seeing the same thing (and somehow knew what you meant :anicute:).

In the iPhone App, I have 24 Trackables in my Inventory (the App counts them for me, and I also counted them). In the Android App, I count 28 "in my Inventory", one of which is in my Collection, not actually in my Inventory. In the Apps, all displayed Trackables are available for "Visit", "Drop", or "Note". So using the Android App, can I "Drop" the one from my Collection into a cache without first moving it to "Inventory" as the web site would require? Since the App thinks it already is in my Inventory, maybe so. I didn't test it. As the OP mentioned, Trackables are placed into the Collection for the purpose of them being out of Inventory lists.

Anyway, the iPhone and Android Apps are still showing Trackables differently (sorting them differently, too). And it sure looks like the Android App is still especially messed up.

Edited by kunarion

I, too, showed an extra TB in my inventory on the App.

A few minutes later, it disappeared.

Aha! I realized that I had disposed of it on the website, and the next time I opened the app on my phone, it was showing what IT believed to be the state of my inventory based on what was what when I last shut it down. After it synched, it concurred with the website.