I Reiterate

Harrald

[RANT]

Enough freakin' snow already.

Not caching is bad enough. But according to the weather report, getting into New York city will be next to impossible on Monday morning. So I end up with the day off and I can't even use it to go caching.

Oh how I long for Heat, Humidity and Mosquitoes [/RANT]

I'm feeling much better now icon_wink.gif

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

Hey, you guys up north are lucky! I'm stuck down here at my GF's house near Phili. It's 10F out. Been snowing hard here for the last 8hrs, and is supposed to keep this up for at least another 24. May end up with 2ft of the white stuff before its over.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Hey, you guys up north are lucky! I'm stuck down here at my GF's house near Phili. It's 10F out. Been snowing hard here for the last 8hrs, and is supposed to keep this up for at least another 24. May end up with 2ft of the white stuff before its over.

I don't get it, Mopar ... you're housebound with your girlfriend, and you're COMPLAINING??? icon_wink.gif

All right Harrald, I agree. I like my winter sports, but this is getting to be a bit tiresome. I heard they had to move the Iditarod Dog Sled race out of Anchorage and up to Fairbanks because temps were in the 40s and there wasn't enough snow in Anchorage. Maybe we should head up to Alaska to get warmer weather and do a little geocaching.

Got out of the truck today in Harriman and the temp was 6 deg. Found 3 of Bill's in the snow. YEAOW - that 20th deal up by Tiorati was a stiffy... and all of my encounters with Mr. Bill's caches have been with the 0.01 mi. error band - never right on. But that's my problem not his icon_wink.gif

ANyhoo - I made surprising little impact in the snow and as I now write It's a-snowing up my snowshoe tracks...

Dang - was hoping to visit the funnel tomorrow, maybe early enuf to use the axe and crampons and still get home to shovel.

Bottom line - snow caching is cruel but fair.

Our snowshoes are sitting by the door. I'm eagerly waiting for the family to wake up so we can head out. I'm not sure if we'll hunt a cache, or just get out and hike, but either way, I LOVE THIS WEATHER!

Bring it on! (Note: I say this now, but will probably be cursing it when I have to dig out the car).

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

Talk about digging out... I work at an airport. Every flight was cancelled but they still expected me to report to work today.... May not make it tomorrow either... I drive a Camaro, not exactly great traction in this stuff...

However, I did find a webcam at the south pole... Temp today was neg 34!! Ought to make us feel better. Yet they do have less snow....

http://bat.phys.unsw.edu.au/~aasto/jpg/inside.jpg

Wherever you go, there you are!