Geocacher says they're "not talking to" me anymore?

I had a cacher who has generally been nice to me at events and online. I asked her about a geocache but she didn't respond. Then she messages me back telling me she knows I was trying to get people to vote in a poll on a site that she dictates. I try to ask how she knows that so I can learn. Then she acts angry and I try to get off the topic and then she says she wasn't giving me a hint for the cache because she's "not talking to me anymore." -

Anyone else had a cacher that just upset you unexpectedly?

Edited by Pond Bird

That sounds like a misunderstanding of something that was said. Not being privy to anything said or posted, I'm speculating. But most people don't randomly start getting angry.

Situations like this usually calls for just ignoring that person's caches so it doesn't escalate into a bigger problem.

Edited by ChileHead

That sounds like a misunderstanding of something that was said. Not being privy to anything said or posted, I'm speculating. But most people don't randomly start getting angry.

Situations like this usually calls for just ignoring that person's caches so it doesn't escalate into a bigger problem.

I just apologized to the user, and she may've misunderstood me and/or vice-versa. It wasn't a question about their cache, it was a cache they found, thought she could answer my question but didn't. Since she keeps tabs on me and what I post, she's already seen this and explained that she thinks I talk about her behind her back and that I "cheat." Sounds like she's upset with college students in general since she refused to tell me where she went to college. Although, if she doesn't want people to know that information she could say "I don't share where I went to college with Geocachers."

Edited by Pond Bird

I just apologized to the user, and she may've misunderstood me and/or vice-versa. It wasn't a question about their cache, it was a cache they found, thought she could answer my question but didn't. Since she keeps tabs on me and what I post, she's already seen this and explained that she thinks I talk about her behind her back and that I "cheat." Sounds like she's upset with college students in general since she refused to tell me where she went to college. Although, if she doesn't want people to know that information she could say "I don't share where I went to college with Geocachers."

I explicitly responded to you and said that where I went to college is none of your business.

Edited by Sherminator18

Sigh.

I've had at least 3 runins in my life with people who misunderstand something I'm trying to say, or take it in the worst possible way, or take a meaning that I never could have predicted despite my best efforts to ensure that I am communicating clearly and "closing the door" on any possible alternative meanings. One of the three actually threatened to call the FBI on me because I was "harassing" her when I sent her two emails trying to find out what I did wrong "so I can learn from my mistakes" (actual quote from my email), and apologizing in advance for anything I did do wrong, intentionally or not.

Unfortunately, there are times when you must simply cut off all ties with someone, because any attempt of any kind to restore the relationship, or even basic communication, will be misconstrued and make the situation further deteriorate. It certainly doesn't feel good, particularly for someone like me that tries so hard to put other people's needs and desires in front of one's own, but it is an unresolvable situation.

Then again, there are sometimes also cases where people intentionally create rifts due to ulterior motives. I once had a woman falsely accuse me of rape simply so that I wouldn't be in class and set the curve on an upcoming exam. No joke. Fortunately I was easily able to prove I wasn't even at the location this supposedly happened at, but it still hurt because, despite the absolute proof she was lying, some people still chose to believe her instead of me, and I lost friends as a result. And I won't even go into the long distance "friend" who duped me into believing I had caused her to commit suicide.

EDIT: Assuming the above post is from the person you're talking about, she's right - personal details aren't any of your business. If that's what caused this rift, rather than a misunderstanding of some nature, then it's certainly understandable.

Edited by BFG99

You got caught using the same IP address to cheat by creating different accounts to vote in a poll. And IP address is not shared via wifi. You got caught APOLOGIZE AND SHUT UP!!!