App crashing iPhone

Just got back to geocaching from a winter break, to find we have a new app to replace our trusty old one. Problem is, I can't even get it to start up, without my phone crashing. I'm working with an iPhone 6s, 9.2.1 firmware. Tried deleting and reinstalling app several times, with the same result. On a fresh install it will let me get as far as signing in, and then it crashes. Thereafter if crashes on opening screen. When it crashes it doesn't just take you to the iPhone home screen, it actually reboots the phone. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. If there are any known conflicting apps, or specific setting I should be toying with. Any advice is welcomed. I'm ready to get out there and find some caches. Thx

I'm assuming you've tried uninstalling the app, then hard rebooting the phone (holding power & home buttons down until apple logo appears and it reboots) to clear the RAM, then re-installing the app?

Runs fine on my 6 with 9.3.1 (apart from being a bit pants compared to the "Classic" app) but 6s hardware is obviously different.

Works fine on my gf's 6s. I presume you mean iOS 9.3.1?

Is there much free space? Has the phone been jail broken? Can you try signing in with a different geocaching account?

Crashing the phone is very unusual. I wonder if it's a complete reboot or if Springboard has crashed due to low memory: after the Apple logo appears, do you have to type your password (reboot), or can you use a fingerprint with Touch ID (Springboard)?