Seeking to take over Megalithic Monuments leadership

The group which manages the Megalithic Monuments category is lead by The Royles which appears to be inactive in Waymarking for quite some time. I'm very interested in this category which is why I would like to take over leadership.

I sent an e-mail via geocaching.com to The Royles and got no reply. I also sent one to Waywizard to request leadership of this category without a reply. I just sent of a note to checkmark.

Anyone have any advice on how I might proceed?

Thanks,

RitC.

The problem is that there is only one active officer besides me. And isn't it only the leader who can promote new officers?

I'm sure every officer can promote new officers. But then there will be a vote where you need 66% yea again.

So this will not help in your case.

But there are two other officers in your group, that have been logged in not long ago. Maybe you can reactivate them and the one who has logged in last December to get the absent leader off or to promote other officers.

Yes, it could be possible but in my experience, only the really active members in Waymarking will reply to an e-mail, and even that is not certain!!! There must be an easier way.

I will try and present my results here.