NJ needs more puzzle reviewers

Sothpaw

I know it can take 7 to 10 days for a cache to be published.

I would assume that's to cover extreme circumstances and possible overloads of lots of caches needing to be reviewed.

But today marks day 8 for a puzzle I published on the 5th, with no review. There have been zero new puzzles within 50 miles of my home, and that covers most of NJ so what is the puzzle reviewer doing?

I hope the puzzle reviewer is safe.

perhaps we need more than one in the state?

You have a "puzzle Reviewer" in your State?

Did you ever go on vacation, a relative in the hospital (been in yourself?), work get in the way of your free time?

There's so many reasons for a volunteer (as in unpaid...) Reviewer to not "get to you" within the estimated review time.

It could well be that they're so darn busy with others (since it's finally kinda nice out), they simply haven't gotten to you yet. :)

Your cache GC6H3D8 was submitted for review on May 6th and is properly positioned in the review queue. It's "on hold" by reviewer Cotton Malone. If you don't hear anything by tomorrow, then the seven-day goal for an initial review has not been met and you could contact your reviewer by email and/or write to Geocaching HQ via the Help Center.

Edited by Keystone

I know it can take 7 to 10 days for a cache to be published.

I would assume that's to cover extreme circumstances and possible overloads of lots of caches needing to be reviewed.

But today marks day 8 for a puzzle I published on the 5th, with no review. There have been zero new puzzles within 50 miles of my home, and that covers most of NJ so what is the puzzle reviewer doing?

I hope the puzzle reviewer is safe.

perhaps we need more than one in the state?

There have been 6 unknown caches published in NJ this month. They were reviewed by Cotton Malone who handles all cache types except ECs. Are you sure you marked your submission ready for review?

I'm sorry if I stepped on any toes.

I do know volunteer reviewers have their own lives. This was more meant to wonder if perhaps there should or could be more reviewers to handle the load.

I was mistaken to think there was a different reviewer for puzzles. Sorry.

And yes, it is marked and submitted for review.

This was more meant to wonder if perhaps there should or could be more reviewers to handle the load.

IIRC, there's at least one around that handles things when the current Reviewer's really busy, or has something else going.

Been a while, not sure that's still in place.

We've seen Reviewers from other States pitch in too. :)

Checked, and yep, our Reviewer has been helping a bit.

Edited by cerberus1

Well, we used to have a reviewer who only published caches in NJ on Thursdays.

The Penna reviewer has published most of my mystery caches in NJ. Glad to see that Cotton Malone is getting into it. It can be tricky. I've had caches published by out-of-state reviewers who were helping out. The NY reviewer is a bit different to work wit. I guess I'm used to the NJ reviewers.

And, as I've mentioned, I had one cache that took three weeks to get published. The reviewer had the nerve to elope! A Seattle lackey published that one.

I've had wonderfully kind and helpful success publishing puzzles in NY.

I think this might actually be my first NJ puzzle. Uh. Nope. Seccond.

First was the Cliff stairs that I mucked up the math for the FTF.

This one is in place and done correctly for once :-)

I'm patient. I'm just anxious. :-)