A Pocket Query to cover Mallorca

TheGreatEvie

Right, first some background info.

We holiday in Mallorca once or twice a year, we hire a car and generally drive around to various places sightseeing/exploring etc.

If we're in the mood we'd like to geocache (only happened once so far :() as we're not the "sit on the beach" types.

As I don't have computer-type access to the internet when there, I thought a PQ would do the trick, so last year I set one up based around a roughly central point on the island with an 80 mile radius. It would seem that doing it this way is running into the 1000 cache limit as out at the extremes of the radius I'm missing a lot of caches.

Now, my question is this;

If I set say two PQ's from different central points with overlapping radiuses/radii (whichever is the plural :D)

will I have a problem with duplicate caches on my GPS, or is it smart enough to disregard duplicates?

hope that makes sense ;)

You can make two PQs with following settings:

1. Mallorca1, 1000 Caches, County Baleares, Publish from Jan/01/2000 to Jun/01/2014

2. Mallorca2, 1000 Caches, County Baleares, Publish from Jun/02/2014 to Dec/31/2016

This will cover complete Mallorca and Menorca.

Another way is to be selective on what caches you prefer to find. Caching time is often limited when we go on holiday in a high saturation area, or, where a PQ is likely to go over 1000, so we may do a PQ of traditionals only. Multis or puzzles may take too long.